Free "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD in Lucky Charms cereal

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Why would anyone even want the disc? It's only in pan-and-scan...

petrieboy

Reaction score
If someone is not a big muppet fan, they will want it even though it is pan and scan. I told my friends about this cereal bonus and they thought I was joking, that a dvd came free with Lucky Charms. They laughed. One of them doesn't have a dvd player and he has been thinking about getting one recently- if he sees the cereal I think he'll buy it, and will soon get a dvd player. Think of a movie you don't really care about and never would have bought, but a movie that you wouldn't mind watching every blue moon. You wouldn't buy it period, it's free... why not? I do want to know, what other dvds are available? Bear in the Blue House? I've never seen this show. Which episode(s) is it? Was it originally shot in pan/scan? Also, do these dvds come in an original case or in a promotional, free cheapie case?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll have to meet you guys both ways. I feel hurt that a classic Muppet Movie comes free with the purchase of cereal ( while people are dumb enogh to buy DVD's of Big Fart Liar and Disney's cheapquals). However, if it's for promoting the Muppets to those of the Jaded public force fed the same old crap on the Telly (television, not the Monster) I agree with it. Though, personally, If I had a DVD, I'd rather go to best buy and pick up TMTM for 9.99 for commentary and the like.

As for Pan and Scan...Yes, Bear and Jackie Chan (both being made for TV) are not originally shot in Widescreen, as with Jackie Chan, Animators have to use special feild guides to make sure nothing goes off the standard TV screen visually! Bear is a TV show, and as such, also follows a similar rule. Besides, Movie cameras and TV Cameras usually have special differences in these ways!

But really! A Peanut, colored orange and banana flavored? Who was the "brilliant" dude that came up with that?

awkwardboyhero

Reaction score
Okay, I'm hoping that when I go to the grocery store later this afternoon, there will be a box of cereal waiting for me with a "MTM" DVD inside. However, is there any way to guarantee that it's the Muppet DVD that I get?

I have little to no interest in "Bear in the Blue House" or "Jackie Chan Adventures".... and I'm certainly not going to buy several boxes of cereal searching for the one I want.... (I went through that in a mild way with the Sesame Street mini-beans (darn Snuffy! Where were you??)

Thanks.

-Colin

Stulz

Reaction score
On the outside

You can see the DVD through a window on the front of the box. You can pick which DVD you want.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm so glad they actually come INSIDE the cereal, rather than having to send away for it. I should have sent away for the entire Sesame collection, but didn't for some stupid reason.

I have seen these window packages. It's not the first time. They started doing it with the Toy Story 2 hanging...things... on boxes of the afformentioned Yucky CHarms. This is great. Not only do I know what it is, but I know that it's there, and won't sift my hands through the box to find nothing!