Fraggle Rock's 20th Anniversary on MC

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's a lot of boring info!

Thanx for the compliment. Yes, I use Flash. It is a challenge to create a good loading strategy. The size (quality that they are saved, not actual dimensions) of the graphics is key. That's where most designers go wrong. You can have the most brilliant graphics, but if the page doesn't load quickly the user gets bored and leaves. Many sites break that rule.

In the Fraggle menu, nothing but the background is visible until the last frame loads. It's a neat way of keeping the user's attention. The loading notification in the date slot helps cue the user that there is more to come. I make sure to compress each Flash menu to 20-80k so it will load up in only a few seconds on a 56k modem.

I broke my size rule with the Fraggle menu. It is actually 100k because I had no time to optimize it, but I hope you think it's worth the wait. I wanted it to be a worthy tribute to the show that brought such joy into the lives of people all over the world. You know, Fraggle Rock was the first American television series to run in the USSR. Cool, huh?

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Here's a lot of boring info!

Originally posted by frogboy4
You know, Fraggle Rock was the first American television series to run in the USSR. Cool, huh?
To say the vision of Jim Henson has made its way to virtually every corner of the known universe in the last 50 years is an understatement. So yes, very cool. And man, that menu...definately a new milestone man! I still cant get over that Wembley graphic, too much! LOL

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jamie and Chris LAUGHIN' at me

Thanks a lot, guys...

:mad:

(I just HAD to admit it, didn't I.....)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I don't know wheater or not I'm sorry.