Fraggle Rock film in development

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I hope they get EVERYONE they can back on board for the movie. Maybe a new franchise will even open up and a new series for the Fraggles!!!
After you said this, it just occurred to me -- if this is *really* successful, Disney might consider buying FR as well. Then the Muppet family would at least be partially re-united. :smirk:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Yeah defantly. I think they should have Doc in The FR movie if it's possible. I mean he was a huge part of the show allthought he wasn't seen as much as the Fraggles, and I saw a recent picture of him and he looks almost excatly the same as he did back then. Only his hair is a little whiter.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think Doc was just currently credited in a movie or TV show. I think he is still acting.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think Doc was just currently credited in a movie or TV show. I think he is still acting.
Saint Ralph (2004) .... Longboat
Moss (2004) .... Cy Flood

AAO

Reaction score
The "Fraggle Rock" Movie sounds like such a great idea. All I hope for is that the plot is excellent as well as the special effects and so on. I don't want this to be a flop! I hope people see this and say, "I loved that show as a kid" and anxiously await the filmto open. Here's how I think the movie should go...

The Fraggles embark on a new adventure far from Fraggle Rock. Gobo finds that he must follow in his Uncle Matt's footsteps and begin his travels in search for his old friends Doc and Sprocket after Doc decides to retire. But things go awry when the hole leading to "outerspace" is closed up! Gobo figures out a way to enter "outerspace" after getting advice from the Trash Heap. Red, Mokey, Wembley, and Boober assist him and they reach an even darker, wetter, and stinker place. They're in a sewer and end up in the middle of a city street! The Fraggles are frightened by the cars and buildings and so on. Meanwhile, Doc gets an email, that's right Doc's high tech now, saying he's being awarded with a high honor as an inventor. Meanwhile, back in Fraggle Rock the Gorgs finally decide to take hold of the situation of Fraggles and also discover the Trash Heap and plan to destruct it! Chaos ensues as Fraggle Rock is left for broke! The Doozer's are forced out of the Rock as are the Fraggles! Gobo and the others are out enjoying their journey around "outerspace" and later find that all the things that Uncle Traveling Matt said in his postcards were true! But their fun time turns into a mess when they run into a scientist who thinks that the Fraggles are from "outerspace". Red faces off with the scientist saying that he is from "outerspace". The scientist then decides to capture the Fraggles for his own research. Meanwhile, the Gorgs are making their way through to Fraggle Rock as they continue to make room for more land. The Trash Heap is buried and is slowly dying for now she is loosing her powers. The Doozer's life long constructions are being destructed! Uncle Traveling Matt goes off to find Gobo and the other's in order to bring them home to stop the Gorg's. Gobo and the other's end up fighting over who should be the leader till Wembley is attacked by "a moving thing on round shaped moving rubber." (Cars). Thankfully, he isn't hurt! Meanwhile, Doc and Sprocket are on their way to the ceremony to find that Doc is only wanted to invent something. Doc says he quit inventing. But the blue prints for a machine is already made out, all Doc has to do is piece it together correctly and put his own kinks into the mix. Back at Fraggle Rock, The Gorgs have reached the inner limits of Fraggle Rock and they are able to start to build! Back in the city, The Fraggles meet up with the scientist again and attempt to get away. They race to get away from him, but he begins to chase them down with a helicopter. Meanwhile, Traveling Matt leaves the hole to Fraggle Rock opened which causes some construction workers to fall into Fraggle Rock! The press gets word of a new place with thousands of small "fraggles" inhabiting the place. But the Gorgs meet up with the "silly creatures" who have stepped foot onto "their land"! The "silly creatures" begin to break into Fraggle Rock as well to see this new found place. Meanwhile, Doc and Sprocket complete the machine and finds it to be a huge piece of "nothing". "What's it do?", Doc wonders. The Gorgs and the "silly creatures" end up switching into different worlds as the Gorgs emark as well into the "outerspace"! It's not long till mayhem starts when the citizens of the city suspect they're under attack by "fraggles" and "Gorgs"! The Fraggle Five continue to flee from the scientist till they find themselves trapped in an odd contraption! We then find that the thing that Doc put together was a trap for the Fraggles!!! Doc had no idea that this would destroy and or hurt his old friend Gobo! The scientist had tricked Doc into coming to a so-called "award ceremony". Doc attempts to tell the authorites, but Doc is tied up and held hostage! Sprocket goes for help and meets up with Uncle Traveling Matt. Traveling Matt knows just what to do! Back in the city, the Gorgs are attempting to "smash" these silly creatures! The army, national guard, marines, and so on are called in to stop the Gorgs from any further destruction. Fraggles are running throughout the city attempting to find a new home! Back in a labratory, Doc is tied up while the scientist is ready to destory Gobo, Red, Mokey, Boober, and Wembley! But Sprocket arrives just in time with Uncle Traveling Matt and a group of Doozer's who play wits with the scientist by tricking him and the Doozer's quickly build a trap to catch the scientist and save Doc and the Fraggles. Uncle Traveling Matt explains to Gobo what's occured and they quickly return to the rock to save it from any further destruction! Sprocket gets the police as Doc helps the Fraggles! A battle continues as the "silly creatures" and the "Gorgs" face off! Gobo quickly causes a diversion but only gets thumped by a Gorg! Red comes to the rescue as does the other Fraggles. The Gorgs then find that they could vanish for they've been away from their world too long. But a massive fall of rocks and debris causes the Fraggles, Gorgs, and Doozers to be trapped on the other side. The Trash Heap is still buried and loosing her powers quickly. All seems hopeless until everyone works together to get the Fraggles back home and the Gorgs back and stop them from being sooo greedy and selfish. Finally the Fraggles return home as well as the Doozers and Gorgs. The "silly creatures" now known to the Fraggle's as "people" call truce. The mayor of the city states that the hole, though, leading to Fraggle Rock should be closed up and never opened again. This then means a permeanant goodbye to Doc, Sprocket, and all the other's. Finally peace is made with everyone and soon all is resolved in a nice way. The Fraggles return to Fraggle Rock as do the Gorgs to their world. The Trash Heap is saved and the Fraggles tell their stories. The Trash Heap then tells them that they don't need her intervention, they have it inside them. But their only question is, "why can't we see, Doc?" The Trash Heap then says, "It's just a fact of life." Later, Doc decides to open up his business again as an inventor with Sprocket in a bigger and better building.

Doc: Well Sprocket, it was good to see Gobo again. Although I will miss the little fellow. He had some nice friends too. Who knows, maybe someday we'll get to see them again.

(The camera pans over to a wall. We then hear a beat beginning as the camera pans down to the lower half of the wall where there's a small hole. The theme to "Fraggle Rock" begins to play. The camera goes into the hole to reveal that Fraggle Rock has been renovated and brand new. The Fraggles are dancing their cares away as are even the Doozers! The Gorgs are living peacefully dancing as well. Gobo, Red, Boober, Wembley, and Mokey will live happily ever after dancing their cares away, down at Fraggle Rock.)

The End.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Pretty cool AAO. That would be a cool thing but I wouldn't want the Gorgs to be in the city as well. I would kind of think that The Gorgs are friends to the fraggles at the end of the series. Isn't that how it ends or so? I think it does.

AAO

Reaction score
well however it ended i hope it leads us into the movie right where the series left off...y'know?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's a good idea. I'd like to see the Gorgs attacking New York...but...it is a tad cliqued. But the general story, and the involvement of the Trash Heap is great.

AAO

Reaction score
it's just an idea....and what's "cliqued" or did you mean "cliche"?

getup

Reaction score
ok...i have been out of the loop. haha...i just had to read 18 pages of comments about this. I agree with a lot and disagree with others.

First...a project like this has potential for being really great and also really disappointing considering how much of a fan base there is and also the amount of time it has been since a fraggle production has taken place. This is the most exciting news on earth but why did they have to wait so long to go ahead with it? i hate to say it, but really, since Jim died, a good portion of the muppet productions died with him. The projects just aren't nearly as well done as before. I still love them...but the movies they have done since he died are nowhere near as satisfactory as the old projects. What can save this project is the work of the original writers and performers because most likely, they will want this to be like old times too...classic fraggle rock, the way they were and the way they were meant to be is the only way to go. I can't really picture a CGI version of the fraggles. I think they should stick with puppets. They still do the muppets with puppets...Keep it authentic. that's my opinion at least

Second...cameos...i agree and disagree. I don't feel that the cameos in the muppet movie were bad at all...and watching them today, i think they're even funnier than back then when i didn't even know who they were. Seeing Steve Martin in those shorts acting like a fool waiter is classic! and Mel Brooks. I don't feel they ruined the movie at all. It's not like they were long big roles or them just stopping and saying, "oh look...it's steve martin! how are you steve?" but i also agree about getting bad ones or making a big deal about it esp for the fraggles. almost every muppet/henson film has at least one human co-star but they don't have to get a complete tool to play them. I like the idea of someone like Jenny. I thought she was fantastic. what ever happened to her? BUt yes, they don't have to get cameo-happy with this sort of project.

Third...Not so sure i would dig the rescue uncle matt from outer space routine...would not want to see the gorgs destroy the city...at all...and i agree, i think the gorgs would now be friends with the fraggles...esp junior...because that IS the way the series ended. They should have some sort of continuity to the show with the series...to where they have all met doc at his new home and junior is friends with the fraggles. But of course if they're making a full-length motion picture...they are going to have to come up with a conflict...i'm just hoping it's not save uncle matt from outer space. i actually liked the idea that AAO came up with in having gobo want to follow more in matt's footsteps and look for doc and sprocket. i'd rather see him search to reunite with them than a rescue mission for T. Matthew Fraggle. lol. frankly i thought he was a boob. but i guess you just gotta love him.

well, i can't wait to find out what they do actually decide to do about this movie. i almost think i would've preferred a revitalization of the series than a movie.