Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They did sign the petition, along with Terry Angus and Mike Quinn.

I'm sending email to HIT and Jim Henson Company, you should, too. They should know the love and interest in these characters!!
-----------------------------------
Fanmail@henson.com
consumerservices@hitentertainment.com
-----------------------------------
Hi,

I participate at a Muppets' Fan Forum, www.muppetcentral.com, and we are also all huge Fraggle Rock fans.

We're very excited about the possibility of Fraggle Rock DVDs being released, and understand that you're going to release one dvd with episodes 1 and 3 on there.

We've even dedicated a poll and thread regarding this release, and would welcome your company's input to this thread as well: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=14841&page=1&pp=15

We fans would really like it if you checked out the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/Fraggle/
Per the petition, there are already 26,780 total signatures, with more to come, I'm sure. The current tally of signatures includes those of performers Jerry Nelson (Gobo Fraggle signature #180) and Karen Prell (Red Fraggle, signature #5), Terry Angus (performer, puppet builder, signature #30), Mike Quinn (signature # 582, Karen's husband, Muppet performer Ghost of Faffner Hall, etc).

It would be mutually beneficial if you released the entire series in chronological order to give the fans what they desire and in turn reap the benefits of great DVD sales!!

The fast-selling Fraggle Rock dolls from Sababa is proof that the collector's market indeed desires Fraggles in a world torn with problems, because the Fraggles did represent peace and taught the world that peace is an option, that we can all get together despite our differences!! There has never been any other program ever created with such a worldly impact as Fraggle Rock, whether viewed by children or adults.

Never more than today have we needed the Fraggles and their message!!

Please, for the sake of the world, release the entirety of Fraggle Rock on DVD.

Sincerely,
Kevin L. Williams
"Fozzie Bear" at Muppet Central forums

King Prawn

Reaction score
Very well written out Kevin :smile:

I hope HIT at least consider the possibilities of box sets rather than best of collections.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Their response:

Thank you for contacting us. HIT Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Fraggle Rock Where It All Began on VHS/DVD. You will be able to purchase this title at Wal-Mart at the end of July. You may also visit our webstore at the end of July to order directly from our company. www.hitstoreusa.com

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris
HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations

jediX

Reaction score
If small dvd packs succeed, I can only see box sets being imminent. After all, before South Park and Spongebob became bestselling dvd season sets, they were released in smaller episode collections.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered (I've been absent for a few days, so please forgive me in that case), but are there any reports of how much this first disc will sell for?

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
Walmart doesn't have any knowledge of a Fraggle Rock DVD
i know a guy in tthe Walmart Movie Dept. here in East, they have a release schedule with NO!!!!! Fraggle Rock in July :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
Please, for the sake of the world, release the entirety of Fraggle Rock on DVD.

Ok,nobody is dying beacase the Fraggle Rock DVD has not been released yet !!!! :confused:

But it all in all is a excellent letter :excited:

Foodie

Reaction score
Muppet Crypts said:
Ok,nobody is dying beacase the Fraggle Rock DVD has not been released yet !!!! :confused:

But it all in all is a excellent letter :excited:

* dies *

Nick :smirk:

beaker

Reaction score
So "technically" we will have Muppet Babies and FR dvds out in stores soon... only thing is the MB dvds are $15 (if you include the stuffed animal) with one darn episode...and Im sorry, but Disney pulled that 2 per tape crap in 1993. Is it so hard to put 4-6 episodes per dvd? Wouldnt *that* generate more sales?

And why is Walmart cutting back on their home entertainment products? Do they need more space for their country music, Nascar, monster truck, guns, and mullet sections?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys, this is the story.

If we be silly and dont buy the single release DVD because "It only has two episodes" then we WILL NOT see any more releases.

The only way for us to get more releases, or indeed a boxset is to buy what they put out in the beginning.

They are calling this a TEST , Which means this will test if the market wants Fraggle Rock on DVD. If we dont buy it, then the test will fail and NO MORE will follow.

:smirk: <- Concerned

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
And why is Walmart cutting back on their home entertainment products? Do they need more space for their country music, Nascar, monster truck, guns, and mullet sections?
:smile: Heh--I hope to make more room for new entertainment stuff.

I'm with Warrick, gang! Buy the DVD and give it away as a gift to someone if you don't want it, just so they'll see the flood of sales and will make more Fraggle DVDs.

I've written HIT and JHC already about what the fans want, and I would suggest other folks do, too!! They won't know what we want unless we tell them, or otherwise they'll give us what they THINK we want (corporate america :rolleyes: ) instead! Make your voice heard! Write! But be professional and polite, gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.