Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Has HIT seen the petition?
Apparently some at HIT have seen it. But it's great to have it linked to this discussion so more folks can be reminded of the demand. It's wonderful to see more than 26,000 signatures. That speaks volumes. Hopefully we will eventually see all 96 episodes released in four box sets, even if it takes a few two-episode releases to convince HIT of the demand.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Oh i am so thankful they are releasing a Fraggle Dvd! I don't care if it only has 2 episodes, I'm just glad my dream has come true!!

Dance your cares away!

Didymus

McFraggle

Reaction score
Me too, it's a lot better than paying $15+ for a 10-year-old used VHS.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I have to agree with you guys. Any Fraggle dvd is better than nothing. I am totally excited that it is really coming out and can not wait to own it! :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
SAME HERE!!! Dance your cares away down at FRAGGLE FREAK'IN ROCK!!!! *wooping and howlering* :excited:

Foodie

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
That couldn't be the reason. The Gorgs look the same in both episodes 2 and 3. :wink:
It's been a while, were the gorgs in #3?
:smirk:

Nick

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Yes indeed.

MA: Sire, tell your son what our royal ancestor King Gorg the Great used to say.
PA: He would say ... "There is always water!"
JUNIOR: Oh, right. There is always water!

AndyL

Reaction score
I'd certainly pay a good amount for a boxed set. It would be worth it to have every episode at my fingertips like that.

However, I'd be considerably less enthused about buying some kind of piece-meal "Best Of" collection. To me, the whole point of being able to buy a series on dvd is to have the whole thing from start to finish. I certainly wouldn't be able to afford the whole series at $13-$17 per two episode disk! ($624-$816!!!)

A quick look at HIT's web-site does not encourage me. It looks to me like they tend to pick out the few they think people will remember best and forget the rest. I don't see any boxed sets on their web site. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong.

I'm planning on buying this first one as soon as it comes out, It'll be great to see the Fraggles in nice DVD quality.... but I really, really hope it's followed up by a boxed set, otherwise I don't think I'll have the money or patience to buy the whole lot of them. Pity.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, didn't Jerry Nelson and Karen Prell sign that petition as well?? Anybody writing directly to HIT? I think I am going to write to them and link back to this thread. I want them to see this all for sure so we can HOPEFULLY get the full series in chronological order on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.