Frackles

ploobis

Reaction score
Boppity & Gloat are great at Limbo as seen in the Cleo Laine episode of The Muppet Show.

Watch the Limbo Contest sketch from that episode and when Baskerville goes under the Limbo stick keep an eye on Boppity. When he raises his arms and goes "YAY" you will notice that Frank Oz's hand holding Boppity's arm rods are in the shot.

:concern:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
You are definitely not the only one who loves the Frackles buddy, I LOVE THE FRACKLES TOO! Here are some of my favorite Frackles.

BOPPITY

GLOAT

HUNCHBACKED FRACKLE

DROOP

LENNY THE LIZARD

MISS KITTY

BLUE SCOFF

GREEN SCOFF

SNICKERY

THIG

THOG

SNAKE FRACKLE

GREEN FRACKLE (Boppity look a like)

PINK FRACKLE

PURPLE FRACKLE
Blue Scoff is actually named SCOFF; Green Scoff is actually GREEN BIRD FRACKLE. Besides, Miss Kitty is never a Frackle.

ploobis

Reaction score
Blue Scoff is actually named SCOFF; Green Scoff is actually GREEN BIRD FRACKLE. Besides, Miss Kitty is never a Frackle.
Miss Kitty was in The Great Santa Claus Switch. And he (or she) was in the "Happy Together" song with the other Frackles from the Florence Henderson episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Blue Scoff is actually named SCOFF; Green Scoff is actually GREEN BIRD FRACKLE.
I read at Muppet Wiki that they were also called Blue Frackle (shown on his design sketch in Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles) and Green Frackle (some other source). That would mean that Henson officially calls two different characters blue frackle, and two different characters green frackle (I think that Blue and Green Vulture Frackle would have been better names for them). Do you have a source for Green Bird Frackle?

Many of the frackles (and other obscure characters) were rebuilt for Mopatops Shop, including Boppity, and I think also Gloat. A new frackle, Mo, was built and used in a Muppet appearance on Family Feud in 2001 (he was originally meant to be called Skankin Frackle). And the 2005 movie The Muppets Wizard of Oz had a frackle, named Spotted Dick but also called Purple Hunchback Frackle. I hope that the older frackles get used again, and if they need to be rebuilt, then I hope they get rebuilt as opposed to building new frackles.

ploobis

Reaction score
I read at Muppet Wiki that they were also called Blue Frackle (shown on his design sketch in Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles) and Green Frackle (some other source). That would mean that Henson officially calls two different characters blue frackle, and two different characters green frackle (I think that Blue and Green Vulture Frackle would have been better names for them). Do you have a source for Green Bird Frackle?

Many of the frackles (and other obscure characters) were rebuilt for Mopatops Shop, including Boppity, and I think also Gloat. A new frackle, Mo, was built and used in a Muppet appearance on Family Feud in 2001 (he was originally meant to be called Skankin Frackle). And the 2005 movie The Muppets Wizard of Oz had a frackle, named Spotted Dick but also called Purple Hunchback Frackle. I hope that the older frackles get used again, and if they need to be rebuilt, then I hope they get rebuilt as opposed to building new frackles.
I think the last time Boppity showed up in a Muppet project was in the "Scrooge" song from The Muppet Christmas Carol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the last time Boppity showed up in a Muppet project was in the "Scrooge" song from The Muppet Christmas Carol.
No, I've read that he was rebuilt and appeared on Mopatops Shop, with the name Baddy Nono. Boppity also appeared in the audience in Muppet Classic Theater (though it's not the rebuilt puppet used in Mopatops Shop).

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Actually, the latest times Boppity showed up in a Muppet project included as an audience member in Muppet Classic Theater and as a captive monster in a Tales of the Vet segment of Muppets Tonight's Heather Locklear episode.

ploobis

Reaction score
No, I've read that he was rebuilt and appeared on Mopatops Shop, with the name Baddy Nono. Boppity also appeared in the audience in Muppet Classic Theater (though it's not the rebuilt puppet used in Mopatops Shop).
I'm afraid I never saw any episodes of Mopatops Shop before but I think you are right about him being in the audience in Muppet Classic Theater. The Green (Boppity look a like) Frackle was in the audience too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm afraid I never saw any episodes of Mopatops Shop before but I think you are right about him being in the audience in Muppet Classic Theater. The Green (Boppity look a like) Frackle was in the audience too.
I've never seen any episodes either. I read that info at Muppet Wiki. I also saw a picture of the puppet used on Mopatops Shop. To me it looked more like a toy company made that puppet. The puppets used on The Muppet Show (and I mean both the first season blue beaked pupet and the yellow beaked puppet) look so much better.

ploobis

Reaction score
I've never seen any episodes either. I read that info at Muppet Wiki. I also saw a picture of the puppet used on Mopatops Shop. To me it looked more like a toy company made that puppet. The puppets used on The Muppet Show (and I mean both the first season blue beaked pupet and the yellow beaked puppet) look so much better.
Yeah I prefer the way Boppity looked in the first two seasons of The Muppet Show too.