First Muppet Wizard of Oz Photo!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, but Fozzie's not a bear. Gonzo isn't made of tin.

Sheesh...

christyb

Reaction score
They should have kept Kermit's hands normal and just had straw sticking out of the sleeves. Kinda the same effect that the scarecrow had in the movie with Judy Garland. I believe Ray Bolger played Scarecrow in that one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, one or the other. Keep his hands normal, or make his face different. Not a sad mixture of the two...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Kermit has the same head, and the same old spikey collar too. His hands look like he has gloves on and some staw coming out the end of the sleave. He's a frog scarecrow, instead of the traditional human scarecrow.

T

timrikthegorf

"Ashanti looks...stupid. Especially trying to make herself out a cute little girl in a pink frilly pinifore..."

In the MGM movie they took an older drunk and made her out to be a cute little girl in a blue frilly pinifore.

christyb

Reaction score
Ouch. That's kinda harsh don't ya think?

T

timrikthegorf

It's true though. There is no reason to complain about Ashanti without seeing her performance. I think the only reason anyone is complaining right now about Ashanti being Dorothy is that she is black. There are racist undertones in some of these posts just like in 2002 when the christmas special came out. People complained about Whoopie and there was no reason to other than her being a black woman playing God. I think the same is happening here. Some people see Dorothy as only being a little white girl. When they see Ashanti playing her they get bent out of shape. Frankly I'm highly offended.

I'm sure no one will admit it, but what other possible reason could be given before the movie has been viewed?

Anyway, I think Kermit is suppose to be wearing gloves.

christyb

Reaction score
Whoa what a minute. I never meant to come off as racist. I never liked Judy Garlands' costume either. I thought Whoopi was an amazing in AVMMC I couldn't stop laughing. And I'm sure Ashanti will be just fine. I can't wait for it to come out. (Yipe I should really proofread these things before I post them.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
It's true though. There is no reason to complain about Ashanti without seeing her performance. I think the only reason anyone is complaining right now about Ashanti being Dorothy is that she is black. There are racist undertones in some of these posts just like in 2002 when the christmas special came out. People complained about Whoopie and there was no reason to other than her being a black woman playing God. I think the same is happening here. Some people see Dorothy as only being a little white girl. When they see Ashanti playing her they get bent out of shape. Frankly I'm highly offended.

I'm sure no one will admit it, but what other possible reason could be given before the movie has been viewed?

Anyway, I think Kermit is suppose to be wearing gloves.
Uh, uh. The reasons many complained about Whoopie was that she was a woman, not that she was black. In The Bible it constantly refers to God and "He" or "My Father"

Of course, God is neither male or female, but still.

As to Dorothy. No, I just think she looks to, well, old to be Dorothy. I always pictured Dorothy much younger. And also, yes, I do think that she does look out of place in the frilly pink pinifore, but maybe I am prejidised (sp?) by the fact she is a rap singer.

Bea:zany:{*arch-ooo*}regard