First Muppet Wizard of Oz Photo!

McFraggle

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Muppets.com has the new logo for the film. It looks great!

Muppets.com also has two concept sketches for the film. One of the Rat/Muchkin City, and another of the yellow brick road in the woods.
They look good as well. :big_grin:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
If anyone has a hi-res version of the TV Guide photo, and would like to help us out, please e-mail it in. We would like to use it on the site.
Here are the cleanest versions I could get my hands on of any of the pictures for Muppets Wizard of Oz. Help yourself, or just enjoy viewing them if you havn't seen them yet. If someone with the issue of TV guide could do a better scan please do.

Muppet Wizard of Oz Pictures:
http://free.hostdepartment.com/M/Muppetland/wizardofoz.html

T

timrikthegorf

Oh much nicer. I like Gonzo better. He looks like he is made of metal riveted together. Before he looked flat and gray. Kermit looks good and Fozzie is perfect. I'm looking forward to this and I'm glasd this project didn't end up like the New Muppet Show that never happened.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hm, in this better picture I'm actually not sure I like Gonzo as much.

mb22

Reaction score
toto talking

timrikthegorf said:
I think Toto changed from a regular dog to a talking dog in the book.
In the first book Toto never spoke, even in Oz. However, he does start speaking in the eighth book Tik Tok of Oz -- it's explained that until then he just prefered not to.

Rugby

Reaction score
Ashanti? So they're doing a The Wiz remake rather than a The Wizard of Oz remake? I say that because of the caption for the photo they use. "Ease on down the road." :sympathy:

T

timrikthegorf

It's not a reamke of either movie. It's a movie based on the book. If it were a remake of either there would be two witches and not four. As for the ease on down the road thing, that was simply put in by the writer that saw the characters being played by black actors and actresses and so they automatically went to the Wiz even though this will be much closer to the MGM movie and the book than to The Wiz which is very different. Thewriter decided to ignore what the movie will actually be like and decided to base the line on the race of the actors.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
cooool thanks a lot
does pep wear a red jacket and yellow shirt now?