1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Financing Issues Frustrate Henson-Valentine Deal

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 27, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Aww, thanks! Well, I know how over idealistic and zealous my posts are...yes it seems I try to provoke, stir and stimulate a bit too much. But I cant turn a blind eye to the financial situation either. To do so of course would be foolish, yet there is definately some love there from outside companies keeping JHC afloat.
    While the decade plus of financial uncertainty does loom, 2003 will I think mark a turning point for not just the franchise but the company. I think JHC is at a crossroads...2002 was a whirlwind of activity and announcements aimed at the eventual full onslaught comeback(which I think shall be staged next year) I think it layed the groudnwork for whats to come. I am very encouraged by by certain things Im hearing....it seems indeed, folks up at JHC are like minded in ambitious pipe dreams and ideas...if only to get back to stable ground to really make such things a possibility.

Funny you should mention that...as I myself didnt get back into the Muppets til around xmas of 1995.(it had been about 5.5 years since I had last been so hardcore) Variety magazine had a whole issue devoted to the 40th annversery, and it was from reading that I really felt a comeback was eminent. Of course 7 years later since then, things are still in a murky situation...yet the promise of a new day rings clearer than it ever did in early 96 or 99(AKA the last couple supposed 'revival' years for the Muppets)

So yes, things are a bit scattered now. You have no more Bear hoopla that we had seen in years past sadly....Farscape is now cancelled, Sesame is owned by SW...and you still have EM.TV holding on desperately like some sort of leech.

But next year...we will see thee biggest Muppet merchandise year EVER.

We will see a brand new prime time Muppet show like no other, on the Fox network.

Along with a many splendid slew of suprises

So indeed...the future looks bright. The Muppets are at a crossroads, on the shores of destiny. The dream is a alive and well...and despite these corporate suits, financial dealings, etc...it all comes down to the basics. The lovers, the dreamers, and you.
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Crossroads on the shores of destiny? Have you been reading romance novels again? LOL!:D
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

YAY MORE MUPPET STUFF I NEED THAT!!!!

I sure hope the prime time show goes through....and the most important thing is that they get awesome writers!

Let's hope those surprises are all GREAT!

Sarah
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Close! Euro synthpop albums, hehe.
  5. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Man, all I REALLY want are the specials (and JHH segments) of 1990 and before. So I may record all of them and watch them over and over. My gosh, it would be glorious.

Sesame Street specials included.
  6. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

And I wish that company could be me...

I still hold on to my hope for a miracle...
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah but i crave new blood.....wait that sounded wrong!
  8. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, of course, definitely. I'm really looking forward to the new Muppet series (I'm watching one of my TMS videos right now) and the NBC movie showed me the Muppets still got what it takes (and even better, Pepe's bound to be a big part of the Muppet universe). Though I have to say I'd be MORE excited if I knew WHEN the show is gonna air or what the show is even ABOUT. But it's still cool though.

And there's nothing wrong with craving blood, we all need it.
  9. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

Crossroads on the shores of destiny

Well, it should be easy for them, then.

If the crossroads are on the shores of destiny, then they should make sure that they don't drive into the ocean.

Wait---maybe they should and were meant to because Kermit's a frog.

No, no, wait---if Kermit went into the ocean his followers couldn't follow because they're not amphibians.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed :D
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Rumor has it: Possibly Summer, Muppet Theatre setting, new edginess(perhaps tvpg?) and Fox channel.
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

If the Valentine deal goes through, i'd expect them to calm the whole edginess thing down a bit. I don't expect them to go back to MTI/MCC 'family' style but i'd think a more subtle mix between family and nostalgic teen orientated. If they'll be doing other shows and direct to video stuff as a 'family' brand they won't want to do a completely different style on Fox.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

yikes!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

See, I think the only difference in the Muppets under such an agreement would be the omition of the topless nightclub reference, Pepe's cleavage gazing and that they would add more songs and gleeful stuff. That I wouldn't mind. Anymore "family" than that then they are going back to MT which didn't work.
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

poor pepe...doesn't that STIFLE him...

i apologize for the bad joke....

if anyone gets it...
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

1. Yeah, the joke sucked. But that's 'cause Pepe doesn't say "stifle" that much.

2. Regarding your signature. I don't pick my friend's nose 'cause I don't have one. I'm very secluded. That was depressing and sorta gross at the same time.

I would say that was my two cents, but I'm unemployed.
  16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i was just too fond of the LJS commercials...it's sad....

i meant for the grossness.....i guess i am discouraging the people of america, one grossed out person at a time...

sorry about you being unemployed....i guess that's all i can say, cause i don't know anything!
  17. Deadwall

Deadwall New Member

Muppets On Ebay

Just wondering... what would you all think about the EMTV putting the muppets up on Ebay?

Recently a small California town was auctioned off for millions, Eminem's home where he grew up went for millions... why not the muppets? Ha!

Of course, I think this is a really bad idea (just incase someone from EMTV is watching...)! I'm sure though, someone has entertained this idea before?

:confused:
  18. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

You know, I've always sorta avoided the whole "Muppet fans pitching in money to buy JHC" 'cause it was sort getting old, but how about (though I am a Disney supporter) Phil and some senior MC members (or some guys he meets on the street) form an investment group and they collaborate with Charles Rivkin to construct a management buyout with "members" of MC on the Board of Directors with Henson officials. The officials knowing what the Muppets "need," the fans knowing what they "want." Or vice versa.

...on second thought, forget it. If I give two more cents, I'll need to file bankruptcy. Zing.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Muppets On Ebay

Hehe, some of us have been joking about EM.TV putting the Muppets on JHC, though ya never know;) (Hey we did see the Mayhem bus and a Doozer puppet!)

Yeah, that was very odd hearng about a whole town being auctioned on ebay. that same day one of the big stories was how a clandestine resaerch group funded by an alien worshpping cult produced the first human clone(AND NO, this isnt another wild cory in joke, go to msnbc.com or cnn.com for more on this)

Ya just can't make this stuff up!
  20. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

OK, Jim Hill's site said Disney backed out of bidding for JHC because it would've gotten the same deal that Valentine did, a 49.9% stake.

Is there any truth to that, and if there is, was that smart? Luke...