Finally Tiny Toons is comming to DVD

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Don't shoot me, please.

Can anyone explain the draw to Freakazoid, besides the fact that it was a kind of Hong Kong Phooey ripoff, except the superhero was a computer geekasaurus?

BJ

Teheheman

Reaction score
Freakazoid, I believe, was pretty much a superhero spoof(or take off of em) more than anything else. They were like a lot of the WB cartoons in that they broke the "4th wall" so to speak. I liked Freakazoid, and Tiny Toons for that matter, I mean, what's not to like?

Daniel

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Don't shoot me, please.

Can anyone explain the draw to Freakazoid, besides the fact that it was a kind of Hong Kong Phooey ripoff, except the superhero was a computer geekasaurus?

BJ

Hong Kong Phooey? Really? I never really made that connection. I'm curious, how do you find them similar?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Well, to me, Hong Kong Phooey was a superhero show ripoff, but at least the character was original (unlike Freakazoid, who wore the traditional superhero tights) in that HKP actually wore a karate-type outfit and had the Hong Kong Book of Kung Fu.

BJ

Xerus

Reaction score
It seems like Steven Spielberg really knew how to produce great cartoons like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid. And when Steven left WB, the WB cartoons of today really haven't been the same anymore.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It seems like Steven Spielberg really knew how to produce great cartoons like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid. And when Steven left WB, the WB cartoons of today really haven't been the same anymore.
Wow you are so right, I never really thought about that before but your are right. hey anyone remember Histaryar the history cartoon show Spilbuger did?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Does anyone else miss the short-lived Flying Rhino Junior High series? I'd certainly like to see that on DVD.

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow you are so right, I never really thought about that before but your are right. hey anyone remember Histaryar the history cartoon show Spilbuger did?
Spielberg was not involved in Histeria in anyway. Of course, I don't even know how involved he was in TTA, F! and A! other than his name being on it. It was all people like Tom Ruegger, Paul Rugg, etc. etc. that made all those shows what they were, and it was those people that also worked on Histeria!..

No offense, but I hate anyone who jumps to conclusions without even watching one episode of anything. Freakazoid is NOTHING like HKP at all. HKP was a clumbsy idiot that somehow managed to save the day, though his cat did all the work. he was so oblivious to the fact he was an idiot, and the rest of the world was too. If anything, the only other Superhero to be remotely like that was Inspector Gadget.

Freakazoid knew what he was doing, and wasn't so much clumsy, as a goof ball. He defeated the villains by annoying them into submission (in one episode he mocked a snake woman saying she sounded like "Sylvester the Cat"). If anything, Freakazoid is basically a superhero combination of Yakko and Wakko, and his show was very much in tune with Animaniacs and TTA by having multiple bizzarre segments, including biting satires of Gargoyles and Johnny Quest. But the one thing that should stand out is the Huntsman, a tough Charelston heston type superhero who you never get to see in action. He was either called by a false alarm, or just to check up to see if there's any crime. He would then wind up getting caught up in small talk, and then leaves in a huff after not having to fight any crime.

The show owes itself to non-sequitor, as HKP only lends itself to slapstick.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There the name at the biggining witch says "Spielberg presents" and the the very end where his mane is read under the title: "Executive in charge of production..."