Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I think someone would sue, too, Pepe... now go save the rainbow!
Beau, you've got me shivering over here! I want more!

voice inside my head: Are you sure you're not just shivering because your fan is up too high?

oh sorry, is that bothering you? do you want me to turn it down?

voice inside my head: if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Right. But no, that's not why I'm shivering. It's definately Beau's fanfic.

voice inside my head: if you insist...

I insist. Now stop talking. People are giving me funny looks.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter didn't understand what was going on. Something was happening here that went far deeper than could be seen with his eyes, even with his glases. It was like when he first arrived at the Muppet Show theatre, ready to work, but prepared to bribe Kermit with the line, "My Uncle own's this theatre...." He had something up his sleave, ready to pull out at a moment notice. And something similar was happening here. He didn't know what.

They were heading down a long corridor, stone walls, slab floors, a paterened carpet running the leanth of the hall. Suits of armour and oil paintings lined the walls. Stuffed animals of strange appearence stared with glass eyes from glass cages, no more alive than the crosses of swords and spears mounted above them. A huge circle window of stained glass gittered at them from the far end of the hall. It was decorated with images, water, waves, a rainbow, the face of a clock...and more he could not recognise.

Fozzie was lingering behind a little, while ahead, Beautingleroth Regard and Miss Piggy carried Beauregard between them. At the front Beauhoth Tingleroth walked fast, head high. It was as though he were a knight storming the castle. He should have a cape flowing out behind him, sweeping the floor, dark red velvet. A crown should be atop his head, glittering with jewels, and a gold scepter in his hand. Shoulders back, chin level with the floor. Form-fiting metal shoes clunking with every step. Someone who knew he was royal by birth and wasn't about to forfeit that.

Scooter shook off the image, and followed along in his train.

Beauhoth came to a set of giant oak-inlaid double-doors. One paw on each door, and he pushed through, swinging them back wide either side of him, like a King emerging onto a balcony to rapturous applause. Scooter could even hear the cries and cheers, he could see the swell of the crowd laughing, clapping, teaseing one another. A child on a father's shoulders, waving a handkercheif. Was there a woman down there somewhere, looking up with a deicate smile on her face, her cheeks flushed from the heat, a silk dress?

The double doors slammed shut with a bang, once again throwing Scooter from his imaginations, like the strings on his broken guitar pulling him from dreams of more than a Six String Orchestra.

Scooter held the door open from Piggy and Mr Regard. He let it swing shut behind Fozzie, and gazed around the room in wonderous amazement. This was it. After this normal life would never be the same.

To be continued....very soon...forgive me for posting twice in a row...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good addition Bo. The best line? The one where Scooter's snapped back from his dreams like the strings of his guitar snapping breaking his dreams of more than a six-string orchestra.

Truly the best line in that piece.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thank you Count! I thought some peope would love that reference.

__

The room was truly the most slended piece of arcitecture that Miss Piggy had ever seen. It was no one piece, though the chandelier's were imence and twisted slowly around in the light, The curtains were rich and drapped long and wide, and the walls held partly concelled mirrors that stood for themselves. It wasn't these individual charcters that made the room what it was, but the wholeness, the oneness. The carved mahogany wood-panels touched a ceiling of moulded plaster depicting wars, hope, and history. Huge sweeps of polished floor spread out before them.

And the pinnicle of the room stood centered on the far wall. Great stpes hewn from stone led upward in a gently slopeing spiral to the top where a huge crowing seat cut from one solid tree gazed down at them from on high.

"I remember this place...." Beautingleroth whispered to Piggy.

"Yeah, well, I imagine it would be pretty hard to forget."

"My father deigned and created this room."

"What, him?" Piggy turned to where Beauhoth was striding across the room, his footsteps echoing off the flooring.

"Yup. He's my father, though he's young enough to be my son."

"But what is he Do-ing!" Piggy demanded.

Beautingleroth sighed. "I do not know," he said. Scooter came up behind them, she glanced over at him.
__

She glanced over at him. "Robin, this makes no sence."

Robin hopped onto a crate, and noded. "That's what I was telling you Skeeter. Beauhoth told me time...tere is no time in Raenbu. No clocks. No time. Nothing like that. So there should not be a ticking here."

Tick, tick, tick.

"Unless ther's a bomb," Skeeter laughed.

Robin frowned.

Tick...

"I was kidding," Skeeter said. "No. This sound is unmissable. It is the sound of time. Ticking."

...tick...

"Well, I think you're wrong."

"What?"

"You're wrong Skeeter. Beauhoth told me. He said there was no time here."

Skeeter's face darkened. "I don't care what he said. This is time ticking away."

......tick, tick......

"But..."

"Robin. I'm not going to argue."

"But I'm right. I mean, only one of us can be right. Don't we, like, have to fight it out until we decide? Like the kids do at school?"

"Not any more," Skeeter said sadly. "You know, I lost my brother that way. Twice."

"Can you tell me about it?"

Dong! Dong! Dong!

They jumped violently at the sound of the hours clanging away. It was definatly a clock, no questian about it. Uneless...it wasn't a clock, but simply the time...but if it was time, what was it doing in Reabu?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, what is time doing in Raenbu? When do we get to find out? come on, come on, start answering questions, here... who cut that wire, already?!? :wink:

(Translation: I love it and I want more)

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Yes, what is time doing in Raenbu?
I wish I knew!

Oh wait. I do.

But I am going to leave....

...you...

...in suspence!

I guess, I'm mean..also I'm busy...also....*yawn* I know who cut the wire.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
THIS IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!!!!!!! AND I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD A FAIR TRIAL! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M BEING CHARGED FOR! THIS IS ENTIRELY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO PERCENT ILLEGAL!!!!!!!
You cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel cruel cruel THING!
<growl!>

Really, if you weren't going to give us story, then WHY did you post and make us think you were? We've talked about this before... <groan...>

Now please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE give us more story!
PLEASE!
Or I'll... I'll... I'll...
I'LL NEVER GIVE YOU MENTAL PICTURE 21.3! Yeah! Yeah, and that's the WHOLE second-to-last chapter of my fanfic! Which means if you don't give us more story, You'll never see the second-to-last chapter of Destination: Home! Which means you'll never see the last chapter, either! WHICH MEANS NOBODY WILL!
So please, Beau, I'm begging you...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You plan to throw yourself upon the mercy of the court Lisa? Well then, throw yourself over here.
And we sentence you to finish Destination: Home post haste.
Whenever you feel like it.

Sorry no updates to my own, the court has been in recess while tending to penguin-pattent proceedures, and procuring a pack of polar poultry into the pecking order of the court's personal collection.

But it's gonna be solid ghould.