Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beauregard

Reaction score
She was brown, with soft features, and tough hands. She'd been by the fruit market when the Seller started staring up towards Mrs Nancy's castle. She'd turned, and her breath had caught in her throat as she saw the walls open and the throne rise from it's old familiar seat.

It couldn't be Beauhoth. No way. Her father-in-law could not be back...he was dead, wasn't he?

There had been that shout as he announced hismelf, then the silence that followed his pledge to Save the Rainbow. Words she had not heard said since she was, well, since many Colors before her marrage, before Mrs Nancy had announced that Beauhoth had left for the Outer-World on the other side of the rainbow. She knew her son had never heard those words....but now maybe he would, except he was gone.

Many lonley Sleeps she had spent staring at the Rainbow, askign it why. Why had she thrown her son out into the Outer-World, why had she gone along with Mrs Nancy and banished him? Well...it was long ago now. Or she thought it was...was it? She could not tell. Time was an illusion.

She was broken from her thoughts by the sound of the castle walls slamming shut. She'd looked at her hands, and saw she was still holding the fruits she had been buying. Maybe she'd fallen asleep standing. The Seller blinked, thinking the same about himself.

Then there was a cry of birds. A hundred thousand birds screamed over head. Their cries rang in the ears of every creature. Eyes turned to the sky as the blue, red, and purple birds flapped their leathery wings and tried to escape.

Then even as they watched the brilliant colors began to fade, the skin and feathers greyed, like a black and white drawing. And the birds began to fall. One hit down on the fruit stall. it's body was so grey as to be almost white as chalk. In the seconds after it landed, the bird turned to dust.

Then more, raining all around them...

Mrs Regard began to run.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Quick, tell us more, quick, quick, before the Rainbow crumbles....
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dong. That was one. One o'clock?

"Come on Robin, let's get out of here," Skeeter said, gripping Robin's hand in her strong one. "I don't like it."

Dong. Dong. Two. Three.

Robin shivered. He'd heard the striking of the hours before, but never like this. THis was different. Each chime echoed across the expance of space and time itself. What was it?

Dong. eight. Dong. Nine. Ten. Dong.

Skeeter looked about her, glancing up at the crumbled sceiling and the spider-webbed corners of the room as though bats were flying at her.

Dong. Eleven.

She started to run, dragging Robin behind. She threw open the door.

Dong. Twelve.

Robin and Skeeter plnged down the steps as time chimmed thirteen behind them.

(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)

Mrs Nancy's purple eyes were rolled back in her head. Her fists clenched. The handcuffs chaining her to the wall biting into her straining wrists. Her mouth opened in a grimace. She could feel the heart of the Head pressing against the inside of her head, a headache she always got when controling. But she could not control, he was too strong. All she could do was transport his mind into past, make him re-live moments. So far it had not gone well. Even though it showed she had the control, he had still called the people together. Ahhh! She felt it now, he was fighting. She started to grin. She would win this.

(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)(\)(|)(/)

Skeeter and Robin skidded to a stop in front of a green door. A strange glow of light was pouring from under the frame. Robin was scared.

Skeeter took the doorknob firmly, twisted, pushing the door open.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<shaking>

come on, come on, keep talking....

<shaking>

how did you know I was about to beg...

<shaking>

SOMEBODY STOP MRS. NANCY!!!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Uh-oh is right!

I believe in our next episode we will see certain wooden objects that Beauhoth thought were lost for all eternity...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Skeeter pushed the door open, but it was stuck. She pushed again, shoved, and shook the door handle. Robin hooped up onto her shoulder. "I'm scared, Skeeter."

Skeeter turned her head to face him. "Robin." She looked at the floor, the light streaming in stripes from the crack under the door. "Robin, don't you see..."

"It's a rainbow."

Then Skeeter shoock her head. It couldn't be. Rainbows were a reflection of light, they didn't create light, they...

"Alright, we're going in." She set Robin on the floor, drew back, charged the door.

(*)(*)(*)(*)

The four stepped back from the rainbow, a secret knowedge glowing on their faces. They loked at one another, and didn't have to say a word. They knew.

"We should go," Kermit said.

Gonzo disagreed. "But, Kermit, we need to...I mean, we have to find out about this machine."

Sam took one look at the rainbow, and relaised he was scared of it. It might have shown him somethng of himself, and others, but it had also scared him out of his dignity. He cleared his throat. "We must leave," he said. "Now."

He strode to the door. Pulled it open. And was met by an assult of arms and legs. Skeeter's face showed one second of surprise then she collided with the Eagle and they fell into a tangled bundle someone at the other end of the room.

Robin stood encaptured in the doorway, his eyes taking in the sight of the solid rainbow. "This is it," he whispered.

Then his uncle was going towards him, kneeling. "We were worried about you."

"Can I touch it?" Robin asked, looking past his uncle.

Kermit looked back at the rainbow. "No," he said.

"Why?"

"Robin, some things have to be carried by others older and stronger than you."

Robin looked at the floor downcast, then he turned to his uncle. "Yes, unce Kermit."

A beam rose from the rainbow, and arched towards the young frog, passing into him. Robin's face calmed, then smiled.

A voice spoke inside Kermit's head. "Do not worry, frog, friend, now harm will come, shown some only of rainbow power your nephew shall be."

And the light moved away again. "Uncle Kermit," Robin managed. "Did you..."

"Shhh." Kermit touched a finger to Robin's mouth. "Let us not talk of the secrets the rainbow holds."

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Miss Piggy," Beauhoth said. "I do not know what happened."

"What do you mean, don't know? Huh? I mean, huh? Ha! You were doing that ponsy posey I'm Da King thing...while your grandson is out cold, hah! That's what," Miss Piggy said.

Beautingleroth moved his hand across his throt in a, "Shut up." manner. "Father..."

"Not now," Miss Piggy said. "Beauhoth, you said you were getting back the kingdom so your son could see a doctor."

"I was...I mean, I was," Beauhoth said. "But...The stake or the leg, Mrs nancy. It realy is very good with a little lemon-sause and a slice of the pear-oak at this time of year."

Miss Piggy blinked. "Did anyone get that?"

Fozzie shook his head. "Sorry, I didn't realise it was a joke."

Scooter frowned behind his glasses.

Beauhoth breathed. He shivered. "If you wish," he said. "If you wish we can see them one day. Not now. not tonight. Tonight we must stay here. Just you and me and the river."

"I don't think I understand any of this."

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Then....long ago...

"If you wish," Beauhoth told her. "If you wish we can see them one day. Not now. not tonight. Tonight we must stay here. Just you and me and the river."

Mrs Nancy leaned back on her elbows, resting on the green grass of the river bank. Between them an empty picnic basket lay open, the corner of a picnic blanket poking over the edge. "Why not now?" she asked.

Beauhoth threw a stone into the river. It sploshed, and sent ripples cascading out around to the far bank. "You always wish to rush away," Beauhth said.

"I am a busy woman."

Beauhoth turned on his side, looked into her eyes, deep purple eyes. "Why can't you leave it all behind you?" he asked. "Your reasearch, your project. What does it matter? Why do you have to do this?"

Mrs Nancy lay on her back, and watched lazy clouds. "It's all I've ever known," she said. "It's all I've ever wanted."

"All I ever wanted..." Beauhoth said. "Was happiness."

Mrs Nancy sat up, and trailed her foot in the edge of the river. "I'm afraid," she said. "If you are the ruler, and if you have the Hearts, you wil never have it," she said. "Never. There is no Heart of Hapiness."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<sigh>. Kermit and Robin are back together. That's good.

NOW SOMEBODY STOP MRS. NANCY!!!!!!!!

please?

Oh by the way, GREAT chapter, Beau...