1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Creations Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mostlikemokey, Aug 25, 2012.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    Vincent, I LOVE it that you know who Caspar David Friedrich is! One of my fave painters! Nice poems, too. Very haikulike in their themes, though not in execution, obviously. Have you tried the form? I think you'd be good at it.

------------
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I only first discovered his works two days before
    I have no idea what haiku is, sadly…

And I prefer comments on my blog.
  3. Vincent Liu

Sleep

It's somewhere I go
    Every night in bed
    A land where I dream
    Things appear in my head

It might be in Neverland
    It might be in town
    Above all, I get there
    In my old sleeping gown

It must be quite near
    I go there every night
    But why can't I find it
    In broad daylight

A mysterious place
    With surprises in store
    If I want to return
    I'll just dream once more…
    DrDientes likes this.
  4. Vincent Liu

Invitation

Welcome to my little world
    Here, you will enjoy
    A world of emotions, dreams, delight
    Songs of youth and joy

Welcome to my little world
    Here, you will see
    A world of wonder, fantasy, magic
    Happy, you will be

This was written as the invitation post to my blog
  5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Project Revision Profile: Dayta

It was soon time that I started concepting other than Fraggle guys. My first Fraggle girl was one I named after a place I used to live in:

Full Name: Dayta Fraggle
    Colors: Tickle-Me-Pink, Orange, Tan (Orange Clan)
    Dream: to improve her special ability, mental telepathy! :excited:

I'll explain the special powers later. After Dayta, I had a well-rounded cast of Fraggles. But I still needed one more character before I began writing...
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

A haiku is a kind of Japanese poem. It is three lines. The first line has exactly 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables, and the third line has 5 syllables.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

And it does not (I repeat: NOT) need to be rhymed, like this for example:

You are a poet
    Yet you do not know haiku
    You can so do it!

You see how it works, guys? I quite the haiku bowler myself. I'm on fire! :excited:
  8. Vincent Liu

[pours some water on theSHE]
    Now you are not :p
    theSHE124 likes this.
  9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Project Revision Profile: Ginger

So called because she's orange and yellow. She's the puppy with the yellow diamond on the back. By the time I went to high school, my Mom started to volunteer for an animal rescue & adoption center. We eventually adopted a brindle puppy, our first dog for the house. She's very sweet but assumes the role of alpha female for our pack of dogs. This is the same personality this dog has:

Full name: Ginger (owned by Sammy)
    Breed: Unknown, common mutt
    Dream: none close to her heart yet, she's a young puppy. :sympathy:

And her feisty behavior puts a strain for the Fraggles at first encounter! ...:concern:
  10. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

What's Banana Sketch?
    Funny joke for the old men
    Frog never listened

This haiku refers to the Sandy Duncan episode of the Muppet Show (see Guides). :)
    newsmanfan and Hubert like this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Very nice. I like that haiku.
  12. Vincent Liu

Something you should look forward to: a poem for Teacher's day in Taiwan, Sep. 28
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Sounds good...I can't wait.
  14. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Project Revision Summary: Part 1

Here's pretty much how the original story went: Sammy is a 17-year-old girl who's looking for a thrilling adventure during Summer Break. Along with her puppy Ginger, she travels to an abandoned house, a haunted house of her grandpa's legend. She tries to spend the night there faraway from the vacation home.
    Unbeknownst to her, a group of Fraggles called the Orange Clan Gang live in the Tribe of Unity above the ground in another world. Yale, who used to be a nomad, discovers a book from his travels, including a postcard from Traveling Matt! It got ruined over the travels, but they were able to decipher a possible phrase, 'danger holes'. Zesty takes it to believe it refers to any hole his Grappa would've gone to. So he leads his friends in their own attempt to explore the legendary Outer Space for themselves.
    However, the hole Zesty and Ira walk across leads them to the haunted house Sammy and Ginger are in! Confusion in the night follows as the poor Fraggles get chased by a ferocious-behaving Ginger...

How about it? I'll explain the rest of the story later. :sleep:
  15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Haiku time! :D

Great cooler weather
    A break from the heated woes
    Better days ahead
    Hubert likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I like that one a lot. Nice description of the change of seasons.
  17. Vincent Liu

Originally written for The Creature Calamity Club

City

Working all day
    Chasing time
    Always so busy
    Following the chime

But stop for a moment
    Look around
    Feel the wonder
    Magic to be found

The object of my poems is always to look around at the world around you, and admire the beauty and wonder.
  18. Vincent Liu

Picking a title is MUCH more harder than writing the poem itself. Kinda weird, isn't it?
  19. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Project Revision Summary: Part 2

Continuing from where I left off, Zesty and Ira split in different directions in the mayhem of the night. Ira, having been given mysterious instructions from his roommate Yale, gives a bottle of potion to Ginger who shows it to Sammy. Though dark and late at night, Sammy wonders if her grape soda can has fallen from her pockets. She goes to sleep figuring she accidentally drank some rotten soda...
    Sammy then wakes up in the morning, but something was different. It wasn't the old house or Ginger, it was herself! She became smaller, furrier, and with a long tail! She was unable to describe what she is until Zesty shows up. As amazing as this first encounter is for both, Sammy needs to head back home before anyone finds her missing. She tries to reach the door with her small height, wishing she was her taller human self again. She seems to have gotten her wish as, within an instant, she turns back to a human! She and Ginger leave the house without giving a second thought, but Zesty follows all the way to her Grandpa's house.
    Meanwhile, in light of the absent Zesty, Dayta comes up with a plan to stall time so that she, Ira, and Yale can find him.
    With an unfamiliar creature, Sammy has a really hard time with Zesty in a real house, even if no one else notices him at all. She tries to show him the average human customs, but he seems more interested in his overwhelming new taste for sodas! She doesn't know what to do with him, until she discovers an unusually large hole in the basement. Realizing that Zesty seems familiar with the hole, Sammy allows him to go through. Fortunately, he is reunited with friends as they all head back home. But they, especially Sammy, wonder if they'll ever see anything like that again...

Hope y'all are looking thru this! ;)
  20. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Scooter the Go-fer
    Coffee, groceries and guests
    Kid in the theater

How's about that haiku?! :zany:
    Hubert likes this.