1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Exhibit - Jim Henson's Fantastic World

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by zns, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i was actually in DC for the puppeteer festival and went to see this and also met jane and heather henson at lunch.(awesome pair) i also got yelled at for taking some pics but it was worth it ill post them soon
  2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video link!
  4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

I hate that I missed the exhibit when it was in Atlanta, but I was working so much I never got the chance. [kicks self]

At any rate, I thought you guys might be interested in this capsule of Jim Henson events I wrote for my blog -- there are some updates I found in researching the touring exhibit that you might not be aware of:

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/jim-henson-exhibits-in-2009/
  5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Could somebody please give me the address to the Orange County History Center museum? I'm having a hard time looking for it.

Me and the family are going to Florida for vacation and we wanna know how far it is from where we'll be staying.

Thank you
  7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

9. jeffy

jeffy New Member

SIX DOLLARS?

I thought it was going to be 40 or 50. Must have seen something else just under the article or something.

Good!

http://www.michenermuseum.org/exhibits/henson.php
  10. Well, it was six where I saw it. Each venue may have its own price.
  11. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i rully want to go see this, but my mom refuses to take me. :(
  12. Fozzie Bear

Hopefully you can change her mind. It was a beautiful showing.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i didnt pay to get in
  14. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Ah, so this is the official thread!
    :) I'm planning to go to the one in Doylestown; got the hotel booked the other day. I thought it would be nice to go on Jim's birthday, from the 24th to the 26th. Anyone else planning to go there then? Also, is most of the exhibit made up of art and muppets behind glass? How much vidio is there to see? What I'm really asking is, is there much for a visually impaired girl to do there? Are any guests scheduled? Thanks.
    :)
  15. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

I feel so bad that I missed it.
  16. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Now the exhibit is in Doylestown PA. It just opened on Saturday and has a list of events on it's home page. But something has me confused. There is talk about BAM being in that area, but I cannot find any info about it. Does anyone know anything about it? I hope to see this before it leaves in November.
  17. Neil565

Neil565 Member

Did anyone go to the PA one?

I'm curious if they allow photo or video, as I saw video of it up on youtube with a tour guide, and the article mentioned photos
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I can not wait for it to come to Chicago. About 1 more year of waiting.
  19. MangoMoon

MangoMoon New Member

I want to see this soooooo bad! Does anyone know when it is coming to California? :D
  20. Fozzie Bear