'Everyone Like Ice Cream'

fatblue

Reaction score
That green anything muppet, the one with the pointy head, was in a lot of different skits, at times different:

'Consider yourself at home'-First SS show
'Everyone Likes Ice Cream' -Of course :rolleyes:
'LuLus back in town'- Had a little hair and a stache, not a kid though

I'm sure there is more. The girl was always a regular, there were other versions, the purple one with yellow hair, and purple with black hair, all same poni tails on both sides. They don't make 'emlike that no more

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a cool picture from the "Everyone likes ice cream" skit, along with most of the lyrics. Cool to see the tough green muppet. He looks like the same green muppet that played "middle" in the beginning, middle and end parts of the story skit (except he didn't have a red striped shirt).
Looks like they all have strawberry for the flavor. :stick_out_tongue:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I guess long before Saturday Night Live SS had it's own conehead if you know what I mean.

Xerus

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
They would have probably been good as regulars. I guess they figured that they already had all the personalities covered through other characters. But, it would have been interesting.
I even thought of some good names for those kids if they did become regulars.

The tough kid could be named Jimbo.
The girl could be named Francine.
And the sensitive kid could be named Carey.

Can you figure out why I picked those names?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey Xerus, gtsy! And I'm stumped about those names but others probably know what you are referring to. Maybe Jimbo is for Jim Henson? But maybe Jimbo and Carey make Jim Carrey? Nah, Jim Carrey wasn't known about back in the early 70's. (Well, other than by his family and neighbors, haha).

mikebennidict said:
I guess long before Saturday Night Live SS had it's own conehead if you know what I mean.
Now this I know exactly what you mean. Good one, Mike! SNL got its conehead sketches from this SS sketch. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Hey Xerus, gtsy! And I'm stumped about those names but others probably know what you are referring to. Maybe Jimbo is for Jim Henson? But maybe Jimbo and Carey make Jim Carrey? Nah, Jim Carrey wasn't known about back in the early 70's. (Well, other than by his family and neighbors, haha).

No, it's not Jim Carrey. But you're right about Jim Henson, Ziffel. Here's a hint, do you know which Muppeteers did the girl and the sensitive kid?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ohhhh now I get it! Frank Oz did the girl muppet so Francine would be the name. And Carey for Caroll Spinney (that sensitive muppet did indeed sound a lot like Big Bird!) :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Ohhhh now I get it! Frank Oz did the girl muppet so Francine would be the name. And Carey for Caroll Spinney (that sensitive muppet did indeed sound a lot like Big Bird!) :smile:
Yep, that's why I gave them those names. :smile:

D

Dil

The girl in the original version of 'Everyone Likes Ice Cream' would be Lucy Jones (which she was called in Pick Your Pet), the Betty Lou without any eyelashes at all.

Can anyone post the complete version of 'Everyone Like Ice Cream', the non-Noggin Version, on YouTube, which has the Noggin Version?