Elmo's Christmas Countdown

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
It's been a long time since there was a Sesame Street special that didn't initially air on PBS.
Try 29 years. That's how long it's been since A Special Sesame Street Christmas aired on CBS. And we all know how that turned out.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Say, were these threads merged together or something? I didn't even now it was another thread about this.:confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the last prime time network bit was Elmopalooza. Anyway, I'm GLAD we finally get another prime time network special featuring SS. I mean, there was potential for it during the 35th anniversary, but they didn't do it.

And finally a Muppet Christmas special, especially after Kermit's Christmas Capers didn't go past the idea stage.

And a new christmas special I can get excited about PERIOD. The last bunch of new X-mas specials were formulaic and terrible, and a poor imitation of Rudolph. Olive the other Reindeer was amazing, but Freezerburnt Christmas looked good, and it sounded good, but after watching it I felt like sticking knives in my eyes and ears so it would never bother me again. And I have a low tolerance for pain too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Sopranos thing...

"Yo! What the &%^% yo doin wit dat ^*^% banana in yo ear? Ya &*^^&* stupit or sometin'? Get it da ^**%^ out or I'll blast it out!"

"I can't *&%^% hear ya, Goombah! I got a *&^% Banana in my ear!":zany:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If I watch this, I'm turning off the Sopranos bit. For a show that's always celebrated diversity and tolerance, I don't like the inclusion of a show that celebrates such a degrading stereotype. Other such stereotypes would never be allowed.

I always thought Jim Henson was overreacting a little when he said he opposed violence on Televison. But in the case of the Sopranos, I heartily agree. :smile:

Not everyone feels this way about The Sopranos and that's fine. I'm not trying to get anyone a hard time. This is how I feel. And a lot of other people too; The Sopranos were already not allowed in a recent Columbus Day event. And I'm upset they are being allowed here.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Elmo's world, Elmopalooza, Elmo in Grouch Land, Elmo saves Christmas, now this? Honestly what's next? Elmo's Sesame Street?:eek::rolleyes::stick_out_tongue:

Yeah! Jim was seriously dedating weather he should associate himself with the ninja Turtles movie or not. But it was cartoon like fantasy violence where nobody was really getting hut or anything, so I guess he mush have been okay with that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Elmo's world, Elmopalooza, Elmo in Grouch Land, Elmo saves Christmas, now this? Honestly what's next? Elmo's Sesame Street?:eek::rolleyes::stick_out_tongue:

Yeah! Jim was seriously dedating weather he should associate himself with the ninja Turtles movie or not. But it was cartoon like fantasy violence where nobody was really getting hut or anything, so I guess he mush have been okay with that.
Hmm that is interesting! Though it makes sense in the end, the Turtles are fighting for a good cause (unlike The Sopranos heh).

Yeah I always like that Sesame Street encouraged different points of view and learning to live with different people. But now it's all about popularity; if one character is well liked, he's the only one to focus on, the only point of view. And if a kid doesn't like that character, they don't have to watch the show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! It's not just senseless violence for no reason.:stick_out_tongue:

Oh yeah! CinderElmo! You know? It the past 11 years or so, it's just been over kill with him, you know?