D'Snowth's Sesame Reviews

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Thanks for yet another nice review, D'Snowth. I shall be seeing this episode later today. I will post my own thoughts. Can't wait to meet Bob's niece. Though, I still miss Linda a lot. I am still curious as to why she has left the show. It is interesting to me that they use old clips of her though. Atleast from that we know that she didn't leave on negative terms. I can't imagine why there would be anyway, but still.
I think it's been pointed out that they didn't have anymore room for her, so they cut her loose. Which IMHO is a bad mistake, because she was such a rolemodel for deaf children. While were on the subject, whatever happened to Tara?

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I think it's been pointed out that they didn't have anymore room for her, so they cut her loose. Which IMHO is a bad mistake, because she was such a rolemodel for deaf children. While were on the subject, whatever happened to Tara?

They had no room for her? She had been on the show for like 2 thirds of the series run. How can they just cut her like that? She WAS a great role model not just for the deaf but for all children. I understand why Alan is there to run the store (plus he is hilarious and fresh). Why didn't they cut Gina? Atleast Linda has seniority. HUGE mistake to let her go. Can you imagine being Linda and having a regular spot on a show for 20 years and then being told you have to leave because we don't have room for you. Oh, but we are keeping the rest of your fellow castmates who have been around since the early 70s. Blech! Its one thing to cut Ruthie. She wasn't on for that long, but not LINDA!! Okay, I am done ranting...back to the reviews.:embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Onanother note, D'Snowth, these are great!! I've wanted some decent Sesame Day-by-Day reveiws for a long time now!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The bellhop, is that the same guy who had to carry 8 suitcases up the stairs, and back down again? Or something like that? It might have been the other way around.

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, just saw the episode with Bob's niece. It was great! And that little girl was wonderful. I hope she returns. She was great interacting with the Muppets and appears to be very intellegent. Not as interactive as Linda of course but Linda is a trained actor (and an adult at that too). I miss Linda, but it was great they had a clip of her even if it is a little old. She is so funny in it. She really was/is a wonderful actress with a great sense of humor. Then again, all she does is use her body and face and hands. She doesn't fall into that common actor trap of telling instead of showing. I love that lady!

Also, someone mentioned 2 number of the days...No. There was only one. The number of the day was 2. The sketch with the Count and Bob's niece was only to teach us how to sign the numbers up to 10. Hope this helps.

Xerus

Reaction score
I saw in that episode where Bob was explaining to Telly and Rosita what signlanguage is for they didn't seem to know. Have they already forgotten who Linda was and the signlanguage she used?

BEAR

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I saw in that episode where Bob was explaining to Telly and Rosita what signlanguage is for they didn't seem to know. Have they already forgotten who Linda was and the signlanguage she used?
I know. We have all been thinking the same thing. Telly and Rosita both knew Linda and were around each other enough to understand. I know this for sure since I saw the hurricane shows just recently and Linda was helping everyone build the nest and they all sang the "Putting It Together" parody. Telly, Rosita and Elmo were all there too. I think today's episode may have been the only time I have ever seen any of the Muppet characters try signing. In the past I just remember Big Bird or someone talking like normal and Bob or Luis or whoever signing for Linda to understand. Obviously Big Bird can't sign cuz of the way Carroll Spinney needs to operate him (only one wing works) but the rest are somewhat capable. It is just a little awkward because two different people are operating both hands on Telly and Rosita (it actually was pretty funny watching them sign because of this though.) I gotta admit also that this may have been the most educational episode I have seen so far this season. Atleast as far as street story is concerned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know this isn't a new episode anymore, but hey, this is the first time I've seen it...so it's time for D'Snowth's Sesame Reviews!

Show No. 4096

Street Scene: Rosita receives a package from her grandma in Mexico. She sent her a picture of her from the local supermarket, and a beautiful Mexican bracelet. Rosita then begins to feel homesick for Mexico, Big Bird then decides to bring Mexico to Sesame Street, so with Luis and Miles's help, the arbor is filled with Mexican food, music, decorations, and a surprise visit from Rosita's grandma. Rosita is so happy, and feels so much better, they all have a party! Oops, I mean, they all have a feista!

Longtime, No Sees: Mary Monster (as an anything muppet monster), little girl baking sea-shell designed bread, Ernie's Show and Tell with Joey and a picture of his family

Newbies: Journey to Ernie as Big Bird looks for Ernie behind something that begins with the letter 'B'. Global Grover as Grover watched the making of clay piggy banks in Mexico. Three is My Fav-o-rit Number stop motion film, Elmo's World of Skin

New Characters: Book (Martin P. Robinson)

The street scene was rather short, but it was one of my favorites. The opening sequence was hilarious as Rosita talked about Mexican food, as she and her family dined on Chinese food. Funniest lines: the letter B said, "Hey Big Bird, let me tell you about the birds and the bees!", and a lizard asked Elmo "Can you play "Rainbow Connection"? It was also nice to have a new Elmo's World segment! I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.5!

superfan

Reaction score
You have been doing so awesome at keeping us all up to date with the happenings on our favorite street, D'Snowth. I enjoy reading them.