D'Snowth's Sesame Reviews

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since today marks the premiere of the latter half of season 36, each day, I'll give a review of what I thought of the new episodes. Starting with today's episode...

Show No. 4093
Street Scene: Baby Bear is excited about his first day at Storybook Community Daycare, but is quickly disappointed when Papa Bear announces "I'll pick you up after school". Baby Bear meets his new friends: Jack (the Jack-of-all-trades)(Marty Robinson), Jill, Red Riding Hood, Peter Piper, Hanzel and Gretel (I believe Gretel was done by Jennifer Barnhart), and Mary (Stephanie D'Abruzzo). He also meets his new teacher Mrs Goose, aka Mother Goose, The Mother of All Nursery Rhymes. She teaches them about the letter A, and the number 1. Their activities for the day included making number ones with glitter and construction paper, and Humpty-Dumpty puzzles. Baby Bear doesn't want to continue school, but Papa Bear tells him when he starts to miss the family, to just think about how happy they'll be when the see each other after school. Bear Bear agrees, and announces he's coming back to school!

Long Time No-Sees: "At School" Song; "There's a Letter A" cartoon, "We're All Growin'" Song; "Mommy and Me Like to Walk in the Park"; "My One and Only One" cartoon"; The Monumental One by William Wegman's dogs

Newbies: New "Spanish Word of the Day" which is abrazo, spanish for hug; new, rather long, "Journey to Ernie", as Big Bird looks for Ernie in "something you ride"; :smile: "Just One Strawberry" song; FINALLY, a new "Elmo's World" segment: "Elmo's World of School". Trash Gordon segment: Slimey has a sleepover with two worm friends, while listening to "The Adventures of Trash Gordon on The Planet Penguin". New characters: Snuffy's new friend "Rosland", a combination of Snuffy, and Red Fraggle. :excited:, and School House (performed by David Rudman)

Classic Skits: Ernie's middle of the night song "That's What Friends Are For" :excited:

Well, this episode reminded me of my first day in kindergarten, Joey Mazzarino sounds like he's back into Papa Bear practice, actually seeing new Spanish Word of the Day and Journey to Ernie, seeing one of my favorite classic Ernie and Bert skits, first look at Snufflegarden, and FINALLY some new Elmo material, AND the fact that Elmo had nothing to do with the main plot. Kevin Clash sounded slightly out of Elmo practice though. The only thing is, I don't know why they waited till September to do a school-themed show, when school already started in August. Oh well, I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, "Just One Strawberry Blues" actually hasn't been seen in a long time either. It was made in the 1993-94 season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh? My bad, thanks for the correction ssetta.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's time for a new Sesame Review from D'Snowth! Anyway, I can't stay long because I have this project I have to work on for my after-school clubs on Thrusday. Sigh, yes it's an obligation! Dang politics! Anyway... here we go!

Show No. 4094

Street Scene: Gordon plans a golf-game with Alan, when he discovers Telly, who is sad because he was the only one who couldn't do the "Grouch-kateers Picnic and Field Day" cheer. Telly feels bad that he can't go on the picnic with the other grouch-kateers, but Gordon decides that he and Telly need to talk things out with Oscar, who says that Telly can be in if he can practice and get it right, before the bus shows up. Gordon helps Telly practice the cheer, who convinces himself that he just can't do. Gordon tells Telly that he KNOWS how to do it, he just doesn't know that he knows how to do it. After Big Bird repeats that phrase, Telly sees the light, and starts to practice. Telly shows Oscar he can do the cheer, and Oscar says he can join the picnic.

New Characters: Grouch Busdriver (Joey Mazzarino)

Long Time No-Sees: The Cooperating Claymation Cavemen (whistling); Garth Brook's "Together We Make Music" song; Noodles and Nedd :excited: (Making the Bed); Ernie's Show and Tell, with Devon and his giant sea-shell; "Hello Happy Happy Happiness!" song, okay so it's not been quite long since we've seen this, but I love this song; The Countess Dahling Von Dahling

Newbies: Oscar and Slimey introduce the letter of the day as S; new Spanish Word of the Day segment: siesta; The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 19; new Trash Gordon segment: "The Adventures of Trash Gordon on the Planet Scram"

The Classics: The 19 Rap

The fact that Big Bird was in the main storyline was a real treat, and seeing Noodles and Nedd was too. Not a bad show over-all, but Bert's "Funky Fruit Rap" at the beginning and a recycled "Elmo's World" segment brought my rating down. I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's time for another Sesame Review from D'Snowth!

Show No. 4095

Street Scene: The Three Little Pigs and Red Riding Hood are having trouble with The Big Bad Wolf (still Joey Mazzarino now), who is exhausted, and wants a vacation. Gordon suggest he does, and find a temporary Big Bad Wolf replacement. Elmo, Zoe, and Telly all want to audition, so they all dress up like wolves (except Telly, who could only find a jacket with a wolf on it). Big Bad test their abilities in: Huffing and Puffing, pig chasing, and pretending to be grandma. Big Bad is impressed with Gordon's help, and decides that Gordon is the perfect Big Bad Wolf substitute. With that, Red Riding Hood, the three little pigs, Elmo, Zoe, and Telly all enjoying Gordon chasing them.

New characters:Maurice Pig (Matt Vogel I believe); Surfer-dude Fishes (I have no idea who performed them); Mr. Tiger (Eric Jacobson); Fido the Grouch Cat (I believe Eric Jacobson too)

Long Time, No-sees: "Dress Up" song/film; Fat Blue-monster; Lillian (Walking up the Hill); Mentally-challenged Dinosaur cartoon (Go Around the Rock); 14 Ducks in the Pot song/cartoon; The Cat Twins (I forget their names, they used to be on the show quite a bit in the past); Barkley (with Mr. Noodle, not the tricycle song); Gina; Little Murray Sparkles; multiple Benny the Bunnies

Newbies: Harvey Fierstein's Nose song; Grover and kids sing "Zanahoria", the spanish word for carrot; New Journey to Ernie segment where Big Bird looks for Ernie behind the BIGGEST dinosaur; Skit with Ernie tending to an imaginary dinosaur, who's sleeping over; New Global Grover segment: Grover goes fishing with nets in Bangledesh; The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 14; New Elmo's World segment: "Elmo's Word of Cats"; new Trash Gordon segment, as Slimey and his worm friends listen to "The Adventures of Trash Gordon on the Planet Bunny Hop"

Classic Skits: 14 Ducks in the Pot

Well, the episode was pretty amusing, especially Telly's quote: "I was told out of all the animals on the planet, I am most like a wolf...or was it a sea cucumber?...", seeing the a shirt sleeved-arm up Maurice's butt, seeing Gordon in drag, seeing a new Journey to Ernie, Frank Oz reprising Bert, a new Global Grover; seeing the Cat Twins again; seeing Barkley in something new; a new Elmo's World segment; and seeing Benny the Bunny again. Again, I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry! No review today, I missed the street scene. :sympathy: :frown: :cry:

BEAR

Reaction score
I believe that nose song with Harvey Feirstein has been shown before. So it wouldn't really be new.

Also...Frank Oz reprising Bert? Was this new footage? I haven't seen the episode yet soo...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I believe that nose song with Harvey Feirstein has been shown before. So it wouldn't really be new.
Well if it has, I ain't seen it!

BEAR said:
Also...Frank Oz reprising Bert? Was this new footage? I haven't seen the episode yet soo...
Yes. Ernie and Bert were in bed, and Ernie started tucking in his "dinosaur". Bert tells him there is no dinosaur, but Ernie says it's an imaginary dinosaur...with blue skin and pink polka-dots. He gets to Bert to imagine a dinosaur in the room, but no such luck. Finally when Ernie falls asleep, Bert literally imagines an orange dinosaur with a long neck, who likes bottlecaps and paper clips. (it was the same dinosaur on Elmo's World).

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Yes. Ernie and Bert were in bed, and Ernie started tucking in his "dinosaur". Bert tells him there is no dinosaur, but Ernie says it's an imaginary dinosaur...with blue skin and pink polka-dots. He gets to Bert to imagine a dinosaur in the room, but no such luck. Finally when Ernie falls asleep, Bert literally imagines an orange dinosaur with a long neck, who likes bottlecaps and paper clips. (it was the same dinosaur on Elmo's World).

That is so cool! Can't wait to see it. Also, I've noticed that Eric Jacobson's Bert comes across as being much younger and almost childish compared to Oz's. Anyone agree?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
That is so cool! Can't wait to see it. Also, I've noticed that Eric Jacobson's Bert comes across as being much younger and almost childish compared to Oz's. Anyone agree?
Well he's no Frank, but at least Bert (and Grover for that matter are still alive). If you haven't seen "Elmo's World of Cats" yet, (also new footage), Eric performs a giant tiger, who has the exact same voice as his Grover, only with a different laugh, but still the EXACT SAME voice.