D'Snowth's Sesame Reviews

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Well he's no Frank, but at least Bert (and Grover for that matter are still alive). If you haven't seen "Elmo's World of Cats" yet, (also new footage), Eric performs a giant tiger, who has the exact same voice as his Grover, only with a different laugh, but still the EXACT SAME voice.
No I don't mind Jacobsons performance at all. He sounds fine. It was just an observation. I am happy Bert is still active. For a while I was worried.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No review again today, for I will be gone a majority of the afternoon today, so I won't be able to see the new ep.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey! It's time for D'Snowth's Sesame Review of the day!

Show No. 4096?

Street Scene: Elmo and Zoe find a ball, they claim to be theirs. They then sing a very annoying song about the ball being their's and not the other's. Luis tells them that a ball is for having fun, and that means the possiblility of taking turns. Elmo and Zoe take turns, but don't have fun, until the go to the park to actually have fun with the ball. Once in the park, Baby Bear claims the ball to be his, and proves it when he reveals his intitial on the bottom. Elmo and Zoe give him back the ball and start crying. Baby Bear doesn't want them to be sad, so he invites them to play a game of "Porrige ball", in which whenever you catch the ball, you shout "porrige". Cinderella's Fairy Godmother shows up, claiming the ball is Cinderella, and changes her back. Not wanting them to be sad, Fairy Godmother sends Elmo, Zoe, and Baby Bear to a dancing ball.

Long-time, No-sees: The claymation cavemen (basketball), Cookie Monster's "What is Friend" song, the softball playing englishmen, X montage (similar to M and Z), The Human Body film, Masked Creatures March with Numbers, kids paint large 17, Elmo's World of Balls.

Newbies: Monumental X cartoon/live action film, Rosita introduces the Spanish Word of the Day as Silla (which is what I also learned in spanish class this week), New Global Grover, where he learns to play carrom with an Indian boy from Queens New York (where Sesame Street is taped), The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 17. The Adventures of Trash Gordon On the Planet Spaghetti.

Classic Skits: 17 Rap

Well, the fact that I wasn't expecting a new episode, the crappy "Momomomo Mine" Song, and hearing Elmo cry really brought down my rating, but X being the letter of the day, a new Global Grover, and the rarely seen Elmo's World of Ball (back in the days when EW was tolerable) raised my rating a little bit. I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-4 1/2.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Show No. 409?

Street Scene: Gina is swamped with a busy day at the office. She wishes she had an assistant, so her "Furry Dogmother" appears to grant her wish. She gets an assistant in Grover, who isn't much help at all, as he tries to. He keeps calling for Gina in the middle of helping Mr. Duck with his hiccups to see something he THINKS is wrong. Gina then tells Grover only to call her if it's an actual emergency. Big Bad Wolf shows up with "Huff and Puff-itus", which is an actual emergency, but Grover's afraid to disturb Gina again. Big Bad rushes into the operating room, where Gina treats Big Bad's disease with tasty pink medicine. Big Bad is cured, and so is Mr. Duck with the excitement made him forget about his hiccups. Gina thanks Grover for his help, and relieves him of his duty. At the last minute, the Furry Dogmother returns with a case of fleas.

New Characters: Furry Dogmother (I can't tell who performed her)

Long-time, No-sees: Fat Blue makes a come-back (and he WAS performed by Jerry Nelson), We are All Earthlings (not the original version though)

Newbies: The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 16.

Well, I wasn't expecting this new episode, and not much new footage, nor old footage really brought my rating down. But with Grover as part of the street scene, and a Fat Blue comeback brought it back up. I give this episode a 1-2.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now for a more serious part of our program, we bring you the review corner!

Show No. 4???

Street Scene: Telly and Baby Bear want to write a story together, but they have trouble decided on whether to write about a magic bowl of porrige, or a magic triangle. Maria helps them out by saying they can either work it out together, or they can write their own stories alone. Telly and Baby Bear work alone, but soon comprimise on a magic triangular bowl of porridge. Telly and Baby Bear then tell the story to Maria. The story stars Baby Bear as the King of the Land of Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Doo, who ate porridge 24 hours a day. One day, the king of Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Dum Diddely Doo ate the last bit of porridge in the kingdom, that is until the Magic Triangular Bowl of Porridge appears, and announces he will never be through. So whenever the king finishes a bowlful, the triangular bowl magically refills. Maria likes the story, as Telly and Baby Bear walk off trying to decide to between writing about SnowWhite and the Seven Bowls of Porridge, or SnowWhite and the Seven Triangles.

New Characters: The Royal Wiper (Joey Mazzarino), The Magic Triangular Bowl of Porridge (Kevin Clash)

Newbies: The Count and The Countess Introduce the Number of the Day as 11.

Well, this was a pretty amusing story. Seeing Baby Bear and Telly's set in the Count's castle made me chuckle a bit, but the fact that everything else about the episode was done before (with the exception of the number of the day), no new footage, nor classic footage, this episode wasn't all THAT great.

I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now for the critical part of our show, w'present D'Snowth's Corner, with that reviewer of Sesame Street, D'Snowth!

Show No. 4104

Street Scene: The long awaited Grouch Apprentice episode finally airs! Oscar, Grundgetta, and two other Grouches are gathered to be the new helper for the trashiest grouch in the world, Donald Grump! Grump pops up to announce the other two grouches are fired. They leave, which leaves Grump to decide between Oscar, Grundgetta...and Elmo for his new helper. Grump holds a grouch test to see who will be his new helper. The test includes: fitting the right amount of fish in the bucket, sorting two-holed and three-holed shoes, and find the most trash on the street you can. Oscar and Grundgetta are too busy arguing to notice that Elmo has passed the test. Grump has made his decision: and Elmo is fired for being TOO good a helper. He then focuses his attention on Oscar and Grundgetta, who are disgusted at the fact that they HAVE to HELP him as apprentices, so they fire him!

New Characters: Donald Grump (Martin P. Robinson) (No, the Donald Trump muppet never made an appearance).

Newbies: Bob sings a song to help Telly feel better about breaking his favorite triangle. Cookie Monster plays The Letter of The Day Game for the letter W. The Adventures of Trash Gordon on The Planet of the Grumpy Guppy.

Long-Time, No-Sees: The Dumb Dinosaur Cartoon: Go Higher, "Now I've Got Zero Secrets", Wolfgang the Seal.

Classic Skits: Ernie and Bert's "I Like You" song.

Well, the long anticipated "Donald Grump" episode finally aired! But the fact that Elmo just HAD to compete for the position of Grump's apprentice brought down my rating. And HOW many times do we have to see that "Riding a Tricycle" song this season?. But it was still a pretty amusing episode none the less, and seeing Prairie Dawn almost naked really cracked me up, so I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Time for another review!

Show No. 4105

Street Scene: Super Grover patrols the street to find people in need of help, but no matter how he tries to help, a new superhero beats him to it. It's Super Chicken, the birdkateer's hero (literally). Grover tries to help Maria and Luis find more packing tape, undo Miles's shoestring knot, coming up with a theme song, and fixing a popcorn machine, but Super Chicken beats him to it. Super Grover decides to retire, but he discovers Super Chicken's weakness: popcorn. Super Grover comes to the rescue to stop Super Chicken from eating everyone's popcorn. Super Chicken is disgusted and leaves, as everyone else hugs Grover for his help.

Long-Time No-Sees: Count me in, Stinky the Stinkweed, the crayon friends, Journey to Big Bird

Newbies: Oscar sings his own grouchy version of "Bein' Green", The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 13.

Classic Skits: The "Stop" traffic film, The 13 Rap

This was an awesome episode, especially since two of my all-time favorite muppets were part of the street scene: Big Bird and Grover. I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Time for another review!

Show No. 4105

Street Scene: Super Grover patrols the street to find people in need of help, but no matter how he tries to help, a new superhero beats him to it. It's Super Chicken, the birdkateer's hero (literally). Grover tries to help Maria and Luis find more packing tape, undo Miles's shoestring knot, coming up with a theme song, and fixing a popcorn machine, but Super Chicken beats him to it. Super Grover decides to retire, but he discovers Super Chicken's weakness: popcorn. Super Grover comes to the rescue to stop Super Chicken from eating everyone's popcorn. Super Chicken is disgusted and leaves, as everyone else hugs Grover for his help.

Long-Time No-Sees: Count me in, Stinky the Stinkweed, the crayon friends, Journey to Big Bird

Newbies: Oscar sings his own grouchy version of "Bein' Green", The Count and The Countess introduce the number of the day as 13.

Classic Skits: The "Stop" traffic film, The 13 Rap

This was an awesome episode, especially since two of my all-time favorite muppets were part of the street scene: Big Bird and Grover. I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!
I am really looking forward to seeing this episode, especially Oscar's version of "Bein Green". I am sure it will be a riot!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now for our moment of culture, here's D'Snowth's Review Corner!

Show No. 4106

Street Scene: Telly and Rosita can't play tag with Baby Bear, so they ask a new girl to play with them. It seems like she's ignoring them, until Bob introduces them to his deaf niece, Samara. Bob explains to them that she is deaf and can't hear them. She has to communicate by signanguage. Bob and Samara teach them the signs for book, car. Bob lets Samara play tag with them, until they decide to say the alphabet. Samara signs the alphabet as Telly and Rosita say it. They resume their game of tag, later, Telly and Rosita introduce Samara to Baby Bear, Curly Bear, and Alan. Alan explains to Samara that he's still learning about sign language. Curly Bear is wanting something, but Baby Bear doesn't know what she's trying to do. Baby Bear notices that she is signing she wants to eat a banana. She then signs that she wants Baby Bear to be a monkey. Samara then teaches them the sign for tag!

New Characters: Samara, Bob's niece.

Newbies: "Alphabet Town" sign language cartoon, Samara and Count sign the number of the day as 10, Jack-in-the-box number of the day as 2

Long-time, No-Sees: Letter C space cartoon, C is for circle, Sign a Song stop-motion sand film, Linda, Ernie's Show and Tell with Patrick and his violin, Suzy Kabloozy and 2

Classics Bellhop cartoon 2 lost children in the lobby

This was a nice episode, that reminded me alot of Linda. Linda even made a comeback in an old segment. But the fact that there were two numbers of the day threw me off. So I give this episode a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9!

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks for yet another nice review, D'Snowth. I shall be seeing this episode later today. I will post my own thoughts. Can't wait to meet Bob's niece. Though, I still miss Linda a lot. I am still curious as to why she has left the show. It is interesting to me that they use old clips of her though. Atleast from that we know that she didn't leave on negative terms. I can't imagine why there would be anyway, but still.