D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya!

Prawnie, yes I do search eBay for PVC figures from time to time, as well as whenever I have a chance to go to a second-hand or thrift store like Goodwill and such; as for other props, I also check craft stores periodically, particularly in the railroad setup/miniatures/dollhouse accessory departments - come to think of it, that's where I managed to find the assortment of crates that are usually stashed off to the side of 123.

Loisg123

Reaction score
wow it's great I really like the picture with the snow, I want to make one but I don't really have the time or the space in my house and I'm not very good at making models.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I'm happy that you guys have been enjoying this.

As for the matter of size and whatnot, really, it all depends on how large or small you wish to make the scale - SST is the largest scale model I've built, but it's only a little over two and a half feet at it's widest (all the way across), and about the same at it's longest (from the subway to the garden). The smallest scale I've built was maybe just a little over a foot wide and long at best, and it was a miniature boot/summer camp ground.

And I forgot to add Rosita's name to my wishlist of figurine characters I'd like for the scale as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but when I temporarily took down the construction doors to finish the overhaul (I just realized I didn't replace the side doors, which still resembled the 2002-2005 era), I thought I'd take advantage of getting a better pic of Big Bird in his nest area...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/snowthbo/bbnest.jpg

I think replacing the back doors with the brick wall of letters and numbers is an even bigger throwback to the old school street of yesteryears than replacing the doors, don't you?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I love the way your model's gone back to the old-school era lately; would you mind if I published some shots in my Sesame Street Block Party blog? Of course, I would give you credit....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love the way your model's gone back to the old-school era lately; would you mind if I published some shots in my Sesame Street Block Party blog? Of course, I would give you credit....
No, go ahead.

Please send me a link to your blog as well so I can see for myself. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this is reallly nice.

What would be really ambitious (and no doubt a long-term project) would be to make an on-line guide for how folks could assemble and print the elements for the street so that others could easily make one as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Someone previously mentioned how Big Bird used to have those colorful oil barrels in his nest area... I'm wondering if since I've given the scale a mix of old school and new school if I should give Big Bird his barrels back?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I kind of miss those oil barrels too; they're one little detail I've remembered from Big Bird's nest scenes after all these years.