D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've mentioned it several times, but I've never really shared any pictures of it with you guys.

Well last night I came to a decision... there has just been WAY too many changes to the actual set this year that's going to take A LOT of time, energy, and effort to try to replicate, some of which I wont even be able to pull off like the new back door to 123, the these new iron gates that are all throughout the arbor; so I decided to keep my scale model in permanent Season 38 mode. The ONLY difference with mine is I'm actually going to bring the subway back as well, so no library.

Now then, since it's already in a state of disarray when I tried to start updating it, I'll have to rebuild it anyway (which is kind of a good thing, as I think it's time the basematerial for the building that has The Fix-It-Shop and Hooper's Store could use replacing). With the state it's in, it shouldn't take me more than a week to fix up, and THEN, and only then will I finally be able to share some pics with you guys, how about that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know you can't man, lol!

For right now, the only thing that's really still standing is the front of 123 and Big Bird's doors, but like I said, give me a week, and it should good as new!

Lol, even my mom was singing the hallelujah chorus when I told her I decided to keep it as is; it always takes her so long to get used to the "new" street each season, and by the time she finally does get used to it, it's time to change it again. She always loves how I "dress" it appropriately for each season (fall the trees are orange and leaves are scattered on the ground, winter there's snow, etc).

ISNorden

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration, D'Snowth; trying to stay faithful to a show that changes so rapidly these days must be a pain in the neck! :sympathy: (And I thought fanscripts were hard sometimes...*whew*) Still, being able to show your work to a diehard Sesame fan must make you proud when you've finally finished.

Personally, I wish someone had the time and resources to do a scale model from one of the "Old School" seasons: when the street wasn't strewn with random-ish letters and shapes, when Big Bird had the nifty colored barrels in his nest area, and when Hooper's Store looked as if it had been there since the 50s. (No, D'Snowth, I'm not asking YOU to work on this; doing even the one recent model must take up lots of free time already. :busy: But if there are any other artists who'd like to give an Old School model a shot, I'd love to see the pictures when THAT got finished.)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration, D'Snowth; trying to stay faithful to a show that changes so rapidly these days must be a pain in the neck! :sympathy: (And I thought fanscripts were hard sometimes...*whew*) Still, being able to show your work to a diehard Sesame fan must make you proud when you've finally finished.

Personally, I wish someone had the time and resources to do a scale model from one of the "Old School" seasons: when the street wasn't strewn with random-ish letters and shapes, when Big Bird had the nifty colored barrels in his nest area, and when Hooper's Store looked as if it had been there since the 50s. (No, D'Snowth, I'm not asking YOU to work on this; doing even the one recent model must take up lots of free time already. :busy: But if there are any other artists who'd like to give an Old School model a shot, I'd love to see the pictures when THAT got finished.)
I sooo would love to see one of the 80's SS with the barrels and everything..I loved BB's old nest:excited:! I would try to draw it (just draw it mind you) if the 80's seasons would ever be put out on DVD...

Luke

Reaction score
I've missed these mentions of the project. Snowth has a scale model of SS? Way Cool!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't lie to you guys, I've actually considered doing one of one of the old school sets as well, but I DO have the old Fisher Price playset from the 70s, and it's pretty accurate to the set for the most part, so I thought naaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

But anyway... wow... I was up till four this morning! I was working on it a little at a time yesterday, but last night, I got into such a groove, that I just kept working and working and working, the next thing I know, like 85% of it's done, and it was after 3:30, lol! Some base material had to be replaced, but that's understandable, I first built it in the summer of 2001!

So, now all I have left to do is The Arbor, and that might take a little redoing, but I can manage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would've posted this earlier, but we had a FREAK, severe thunderstorm today, which kept me off the computer for a little while, so I didn't get to until now.

Well, I finally finished rebuilding the model! Either I had less work that I thought I did, or I just didn't think I had the energy to finish it in less than a week, but again, I just got into this groove and the next thing I knew it was finished!

I managed to replace the base material for three things: the building that houses The Fix It Shop, Hooper's Store, and Bob's apartment, the "carriage house" in the arbor, and the side wall of 123 (where they stash all of those crates).

So with that said and done, I'll get to those pics for you all!