Disney's Muppet site updated

jah742

Reaction score
my wife avoids disney for other reasons. their portrayel of women in their stories. how every woman need prince charming to rescue her, and how it affects young girls, feeling like they cannot do things for themselves. or how the maternal figure is depicted as evil, or is just plain killed off. we decided to let our daughter watch "finding nemo". it is a great story, but BAM! the first 2 minutes of the movie, and the mom dies. my daughter and wife were both horrified. we call it "aqua-bambi". which it pretty much is anyway. maybe disney will start marketing miss piggy similar to "bratz" then the whole worlD will have gone to @$LL. :eek:

pollick529

Reaction score
Just think, whenever they release complete season DVD sets of "The Muppet Show", they might replace the JH television logos at the end with Walt Disney Television, or something like that. But then, eventually, maybe The Jim Henson Company may purchase them back from Disney to see what horrible things Disney did to them, just like the previous pruchase of the Muppets by EM TV in Germany. I wonder if they included Muppet Babies in the acquisition. It would fit perfectly on Toon Disney!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
>>Just think, whenever they release complete season DVD sets of "The Muppet Show", they might replace the JH television logos at the end with Walt Disney Television, or something like that.<<

Well, I hope they don't do that. They could put the JH TV logo, followed by the Disney logo if they want. Much like Turner Broadcasting did with MGM's film library.

>>But then, eventually, maybe The Jim Henson Company may purchase them back from Disney to see what horrible things Disney did to them, just like the previous pruchase of the Muppets by EM TV in Germany.<<

That will never happen.

>>I wonder if they included Muppet Babies in the acquisition. It would fit perfectly on Toon Disney!<<

It did include Muppet Babies. I keep hearing things about a CG Muppet Babies coming to Toon Disney sooner or later, but I haven't really been paying attention.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Wow, what a sight! (Kermit's hat, not the site itself.)
I know FrogBoy made a pic of Kermit with the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" hat on the old Delphi Forum in 2001. Very cute; it's in my wallpaper file.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I know FrogBoy made a pic of Kermit with the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" hat on the old Delphi Forum in 2001. Very cute; it's in my wallpaper file.
-curious- You wouldn't by any chance know where I could see it on the net, do you?

~ Sylindebren

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Uhh, it's in one of the many threads about the Henson auction at the old MC Delphi forum and it was made in the summer of '01. So I'll have to check it out and get back to you on that. Unless Jamie (FrogBoy, wherever he is) can provide the pic here.

Banjo Matt

Reaction score
I really would change the text as this:

So that's scarely become true!
He's now the saddest frog on Earth!

As you've probably get, I'm not so happy that disney aquired the muppets :frown:

And by the way...did you see any new muppet show? (supposed for fall 2003)

Hoping that Disney will treat good the muppets and hoping to see something from the muppets in Italy too, salutes, :smile:

Banjo Matt

jediX

Reaction score
"Happiest frog on earth" my.....

Wait. This is MC.

You know what I mean. :attitude: