Disney's Muppet site updated

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone noticed but MuppetWorld.com has also been taken down and taken to the Kermit picure with the MM club hat. I presume there's going only one offical Muppet site. I can't wait to see a new version of the site :wink:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well Muppet World has been gone for a few weeks now, but yeah it will all probably be just one site.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I hope disney dont do anything bad! Its got me worrying again. But whatever happens they will always be Jim Hensons muppets, disney had nothing to do with them up until a few months ago and Jim Hensons muppets is what everyone will remember!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
In all truth, I don't know what to think. I have always been a Disney fan despite all the things Eisner is doing and I have always been a fan of the Muppets.

And the thing is, just maybe something good will come out of this. I hope Eisner will get the boot, someone more interested in the true aspects of Disney and not just money will take over and bring back Disney to the way it was. *sigh*

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
I wonder what the new site will be like; a mesh of muppets.com and Muppet World?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Rowlf's Roadie said:
I wonder what the new site will be like; a mesh of muppets.com and Muppet World?

From the email I got from Disney.com its going to be freesh and NEW! :smile: :big_grin: YIPPY with news on the Oz movie too! :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
I think they did wrong putting the ears on Kermit. I'm sure something good might come out of all this but we have the Muppets officially owned by the Muppet Holding Company NOT Disney (although technically a subsidary of Disney) and we have those emails to Boyraisin from the Disney honcho saying how respectful they are going to be to the fans and the heritage, and of course we have the Henson's continued involvement in all Muppet productions - so like before it is they who will be making all the Muppet stuff, not Disney. So all that signals to me they have been treading very carefully not to completely wreck the Muppets own identity and then they go and stick the mouse ears on the frog. I know there have even been a lot of non-Disney characters that have been pictured in the mouse ears (heck they even put out mouse ears barbies) so it doesn't massively bother me but something tells me that was a bit of an oversight there ... a slip up if you will.

beaker

Reaction score
jah742 said:
how can i avoid the mouse and embrace the frog? :concern:
Dr. Eisnerlove: Or How I stopped Worrying and learned to embrace this hostile sellout takeover

a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Wow, thats VERY cool its sweet how Kermit has Mickeys ears on! :smile:
I love me some good sarcasm^^

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
DISNEY IS GOOD, DISNEY IS GREAT WE GIVE UP OUR MUPPETS AS OF TODAY. :frown: :confused: :sympathy:

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
Well, that was... interesting. *coughs* As much as I like Disney, I'm starting to despise them. I'm not really pleased that Disney acquired the Muppets. Actually, I was furious when I first found about it. Oh, yeah. Disney redid their web site. Yay. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic. :big_grin:)