Dilated pupils

Show and Tell

Reaction score
ok well I guess I thought it was both. Anyway so any comments on this theory of mine or do I need to draw a diagram to explain it better? I figured I could get the clear globe from those .50 cent toys you buy out of those crank machines just inside of grocery stores geared to kids and put a white ball with a whole in it for the balloon inside the globe part. Think it'll work?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
ok well I guess I thought it was both. Anyway so any comments on this theory of mine or do I need to draw a diagram to explain it better? I figured I could get the clear globe from those .50 cent toys you buy out of those crank machines just inside of grocery stores geared to kids and put a white ball with a whole in it for the balloon inside the globe part. Think it'll work?
Actually, it probably would. Personally I tend to shy away from complicated mechs these days but it's a very ingenious idea!

Jinx

Reaction score
I'm quite sure it could not have been Boober's eyes that dilated, as he has no eyes! Another great illusion, created by a very skilled puppeteer! I always had the same goal in mind whenever I puppeteered the Audrey II puppets in LSOH, to give them absolute focus in the absence of actual eyes.

I do remember Webley's eyes on occasion rotating a bit. Specifically, I remember him looking up and to his right to look at someone who was speaking, and I remember in a song one time that they were rotating somewhat wildly.

Now I'm gonna have to dig out all my old tapes to try to find out which episodes they occurred in!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
ok it has been so long since I have seen that show I dont even remember the characters anymore. I was thinking that Boober was the green one with light green hair and that wembly was the one that was very out spoken and had red/orange pom poms for hair. send me a copy of your fraggle rock so I can recap. lol :excited: is this Wembly or Boober? The Green one is the one I was talking about.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
To clear this all up...

As far as the "eye-dilation" thing goes, that is indeed a neat trick involving eyelid mechanisms (someone told me once that, "the puppeteer does what's there, and the viewer fills in the rest with their own intuition"). Perhaps what you're "seeing" is not exactly what is "happening." It's a neat thing, that.

Specifics-wise, on Fraggle, Wembley's eyes rotated via a mechanism. I know the episode that you're speaking of where they "rotate wildly." That episode was "Pukka, Pukka, Pukka, Squeetily Boink." Don't want to give away anything here, so to answer your questions, "no" to dilation..."yes" to rotation.

Hope that helped out...

>Adam