Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Muppy

Reaction score
I will for sure be buying Statler and Waldorf. They're perfect!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
OMG that looks amazing!!!

The issue is Bunsen and Beaker's arms are switched around... literally. I honestly have to believe this was an error in painting and assembly, because Bunsen's arms are also too skinny. Hulk :eek: SMASH! I am really baffled this mistake slipped into a promo shot. @DSTZach, we need you man.

Animal's drum set and the balcony are exciting; both two of Palisades' rarest mistakes/omissions. I was always kind of disappointed Palisades Electric Mayhem playset really didn't bear much resemblance to the show, but they hit the nail on the head here!

This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. My only suggestion would be to make Beaker's head bigger, to match his body
Beakie's head is super tiny but the rest are great.
I don't think the issue is his head; the arms are too big.

Awesome.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Man i'm loving series 2 awesome that Statler & Waldorf are coming with the balcony i was not expecting that. Animal & his drums look great & Bunsen & Beaker look great to i can't wait to see more detailed pics of them at toy fair. I'm quite happy Piggy isn't in the second wave as it gives me hope this line will go for a while. I'm also really hoping this line becomes sucessful enough that maybe Diamond could look into Sesame Street & Fraggle Rock please DST lol.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Surprisingly, no Miss Piggy! And the action figure line is promoting
the success of "The Muppets", which revolves around "Up Late With Miss Piggy"!!
I mean we did get a Bean Bunny figure, so I don't know how much they're considering the show.

muppetperson

Reaction score
OMG that looks amazing!!!

The issue is Bunsen and Beaker's arms are switched around... literally. I honestly have to believe this was an error in painting and assembly, because Bunsen's arms are also too skinny. Hulk :eek: SMASH! I am really baffled this mistake slipped into a promo shot. @DSTZach, we need you man.

I don't think the issue is his head; the arms are too big.

Awesome.
good observations.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I mean we did get a Bean Bunny figure, so I don't know how much they're considering the show.
In November's Previews magazine, there were 2 full page ads with paragraphs under each and both paragraphs starting with the mention of the new TV series. "With the new TV series on everyone's mind, the Muppets are hotter than ever! Series 1 of DST's figure line features...." and on the other "A Diamond Select Release! It's time to meet the Muppets! With the new TV series getting big ratings, the Muppets are hotter than ever, and now they're getting their very own action figure line from DST!" I know what you are saying about Bean Bunny. Statler and Waldorf also don't have their balcony now, so it is obvious that DST are producing a "The Muppet Show" theme and not "The Muppets", but still, Miss Piggy ties in with both. I guess DST are playing it safe and hearing that Miss Piggy traditionally doesn't sell well, but you have to have her to display with Kermit.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm quite happy Piggy isn't in the second wave as it gives me hope this line will go for a while.
Diamond's Muppet Minimates have gone for the big guns in the first 2 waves, yet they plan to do a lot of waves, I guess using the Palisades method of introducing new figures along with new variations of characters already used.