Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Are the select figures going to be at Toys R Us like the mini mates are?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Now that Miss Piggy has a penguin on the current show, and in thinking about how the Kermit figure comes with two small characters, it'd be great if the Miss Piggy figure would come with Foo-Foo and Gloria Estefan.

Of course, including a Gloria Estefan pack-in might be too late, depending on if Miss Piggy is planned for series 2 (I would expect her to be there, but you never know, I'm surprised she's not in series 1) and how far along sculpting is for when she comes out (not to mention how long we have to wait).

I also wonder if they can use the Gloria Estefan name in the packaging (will the packaging list all names and accessories? I saw packaging pics at Tough Pigs and didn't notice names on there), or would they have to refer to the penguin as something else (similar to how Muppet Race Mania refers to Spa'Am as "Pig Chief").
Maybe Uncle Deadly could come with Gloria

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I hope we get some in package shots of The select line soon?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I saw packaging pics at Tough Pigs and didn't notice names on there), or would they have to refer to the penguin as something else (similar to how Muppet Race Mania refers to Spa'Am as "Pig Chief").
Thx!

The names are on the back of the box btw.

Okay, the complaints: Kermit's pupils, why is Gonzo's bugle bigger than him and why does Scooter look like Arthur. Now the thing with Kermit and Scooter: their prototypes/pictures on the back of the box were perfect and did not have these issues, so what happened? But overall these are still good figures.

Someone questioned playsets: "Some of the figures, especially in Series 2, will come with accessories and diorama pieces that function almost like playsets."... interesting; kind of a Sesame Street-Palisades thing.

These are $50 a pack?!?!?! (http://diamondselecttoys.com/muppets-select-action-figures-series-1-asst) What?! Ludicrous is an understatement.

Okay, so other websites are considerably cheaper, like by $100-so for the whole series, but still.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Thx!

The names are on the back of the box btw.

Okay, the complaints: Kermit's pupils, why is Gonzo's bugle bigger than him and why does Scooter look like Arthur. Now the thing with Kermit and Scooter: their prototypes/pictures on the back of the box were perfect and did not have these issues, so what happened? But overall these are still good figures.

Someone questioned playsets: "Some of the figures, especially in Series 2, will come with accessories and diorama pieces that function almost like playsets."... interesting; kind of a Sesame Street-Palisades thing.

These are $50 a pack?!?!?! (http://diamondselecttoys.com/muppets-select-action-figures-series-1-asst) What?! Ludicrous is an understatement.

Okay, so other websites are considerably cheaper, like by $100-so for the whole series, but still.
They are $25 a pack. I'm guessing ordering through Diamond is primarily for wholesalers so that price is for a case, which gets you two sets. I can't say for sure, but I'd order elsewhere.

Muppy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm not very pleased with how the figures turned out compared to the prototypes. Scooter is quite off model, and Kermit's pupils are gigantic. Fozzie is pretty good, so are Gonzo and Camilla. I might get them.

Too bad that the almost perfect prototypes didn't become the actual figures.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Now that Miss Piggy has a penguin on the current show, and in thinking about how the Kermit figure comes with two small characters, it'd be great if the Miss Piggy figure would come with Foo-Foo and Gloria Estefan.

Of course, including a Gloria Estefan pack-in might be too late, depending on if Miss Piggy is planned for series 2 (I would expect her to be there, but you never know, I'm surprised she's not in series 1) and how far along sculpting is for when she comes out (not to mention how long we have to wait).

I also wonder if they can use the Gloria Estefan name in the packaging (will the packaging list all names and accessories? I saw packaging pics at Tough Pigs and didn't notice names on there), or would they have to refer to the penguin as something else (similar to how Muppet Race Mania refers to Spa'Am as "Pig Chief").
Considering that actionfigures take about 10-12 months to design and distribute, I wouldn't think penguin Gloria Estefan would be a factor. But it would be a fun inclusion.

beaker

Reaction score
Dude, wait what...these are going to be $50 dollars each? for two 3.5-4" figures per pack? I just bought a 3 pack of amazing Zootopia figures at Toys R Us for $15 and the big new Nintendo World Jakks figures are $9 each.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Dude, wait what...these are going to be $50 dollars each? for two 3.5-4" figures per pack? I just bought a 3 pack of amazing Zootopia figures at Toys R Us for $15 and the big new Nintendo World Jakks figures are $9 each.
Haha! No. They're not $50. Why do people keep asking this? These figure units are $25 per pack. That was announced nearly a year ago and still hasn't changed. Getting 2 (and sometimes 3) figures plus accessories for $25 is a good price point, particularly for this property. That's less than what 2 Palisades figures cost at retailers 12 years ago.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well the accessories are mixed for me
Kermit/Bean/Robin: The banjo & directors chair which the Palisades figure lack, also a stool & log for Bean & Robin respectfully.Why does Kermit come with a guitar? I understand a beret/clipboard. Just why is theirs a guitar?

Gonzo/Camila: I like how he comes with his bugle. Also I like how we're going to get a bag of popcorn, easel, & spotlight. Is their something to put on the easel? Also why is their a mug for Gonzo?

Fozzie/Scooter:I like theirs a clapper for Scooter which Palisades didn't include, Also I like how the megaphone is different too. Fozzie just palisades accessories that's all. Just needs a mic for Foz & Clipboard for Scoot.