Denny's Commercials

Tera

Reaction score
Wow, I'd love to see a Swedish Chef one!
My hubby and I were discussing who did the voices on the commercials, so its great to get an answer here. I didn't hear any difference in Puggy's voice at all. However, I do have a terrible ear and I've only seen the spots at 7am while getting ready for work - I can barely stop myself from walking into walls at that hour.
I can really visualize the Electric Mayhem at a Denny's. They'd have to be coming in from a late-night gig. After all, the only reason for a Denny's to exist is to keep you from starving at 2am (or worse, going to a Waffle House).

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Swedish Chef?

I have read about "there is supost to be a chef Denny's ad", but has anyone seen it?

I haven't read about anyone actualy seeing it.

Zack)Rowlf the, it would be nice if there is one, i think there should be a Fozzie,Gonzo, and animal one as well seeing that they have photos of them at Denny's Dog.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
finally

I thought I was never going to hear the radio ads. July 1, I just heard one on the "todays best variety" radio station Mix 98.5 here in Boston. YAY! it ends with Piggy saying I'm glad we didn't do french. and Kermit says. I'm a frog I don't do french. old news perhaps, but I am still excited!

PS. it's been on twice in five minutes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never listen to Mix, so I hope it pops up on another station (I listen to WZLX, if you want to know). As for the Brando thing, big woop! Brando is one of the greatest actors in show biz, he doen't even care about his looks and balooned up to whatever, and he just doen't care about everyone else. He's like a MadTV character, annoying the Heck out of everyone and not getting punnished for it. He referred to Frank as Piggy just to annoy him (name calling often gets people in a huff!) I think that it would be an unwise decition to just give up because of Brando's capering!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
ZLX is my usual choice too. Marlon Brando was such a great actor, but then there was the Island of Dr. Moreau after that I can't take anything he does.

beaker

Reaction score
thankfully, those Denny's commercials are still on tv. I saw the Kermit and Piggy, and Statler and Waldorf one. Is there really a Swedish Chef one tho?

Also, is the 25th TMS thing still going strong at Dennys? I was wondering if anybody has been there recently...have they pulled an ljs and abandoned the posters and decorations?
Is there ANY Dennys Muppet merchandise? During their Sonic the Hedgehog promotion they had these little booklets for the kids meal and plushes...do they have those mini booklets for the Muppets?

And gee, why is it there is NO Muppet mention on their official site? Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Foreignman

Reaction score
Well, it's well hidden, but there is a mention of the Muppet-Denny's celebration unser their specials section, here's a link:
LINK Hogthrob

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe there is a kid's meal promotion. The only way to find out is to dress like a little kid and order one. I dunno! We don't see to much of them places here! I felt the same pain during the Pepe Long John Silver things. Oh. And if anyone can grab some posters that they'll throw out, let's make a deal and I'll buy one from ya!

beaker

Reaction score
Hey guys! I went to Dennys last night for the first time in awhile. Aside from a Kermit cutout standup, assorted Animal and Fozzie meal posters and Miss Piggy on a poster(love to have that one!) thats about it. The workers didnt even notice my Electric Mayhem shirt, but I did get some great Muppet related writing done in my notebook(my new figure wish list)
And I even checked out the kid's meal booklet, no Muppets there either...hmmm...man, that stinks, two major Muppet/restaurant promotional tie ins this year and NO merchandise! :frown:

So Pepe a spokesprawn for Taco Bell? Im all for that!
Then again I thought Bad Andy was cool beans.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I finally heard one of these commercials this morning on the radio.

My radio usually goes off at 7:45 to wake me up (however I sleep in 15 minutes). So as I'm sleepin' in, the commercial airs. Although I thought it was a dream. I only realized that it was the commercial when I heard Steve's Kermit (whenever the Muppets appear in one of my dreams, Kermit always sounds like Jim's Kermit).

I can't remember anything about the commercial (except Eric's Piggy rocks!), mainly because I just woke up, and I was giggling at my luck...