Denny's Commercials

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Big Bird for KFC! LOL! Now, THAT, I'd love to see!

That's cool that Statler and Waldorf are in the commercials. My mom loves those guys! Come to think of it, I do too!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf so soon! Wow. I wonder if any more spots are planned. Haven't heard of any. I guess it's a safe bet that Pepe's out, but Gonzo and Fozzie should make an appearance. I'd love to see the Electric Mayhem in a booth!

W

Wembley Fraggle

Hey Jamie,

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the Electric Mayhem do appear on a Denny's commercial. When you think about it, if Miss Piggy, Kermit, Statler & Waldorf were brought in to do the commercails then they obviously wouldn't stop at that. Also it was a very short commercail done by both Jerry and Dave so I doubt that they would have brought them in to film it for what was no more then a 7 second commercial. So I'm sure we can expect more David Goelz & Jerry Nelson muppets on the commercials. I wanna see Uncle Matt on one. I can see the commercial now:

"Dear Nephew Gobo today I discovered a cave where Silly Creatures come to eat, can you believe that? They even left green paper once they left. Luckily I was able to obtain some of this paper from what the silly creatures call a table. However once I took the green paper I was chased after by Silly Creatures in strange uniforms with badges. It's clear that green paper is a very powerful thing" lol.

-Josh

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I doubt any Fraggles will appear, Josh. The commercials commemorate the 25th anniversary of The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock is a seperate license altogether. It would be cool, though.

I have doubts about the EM being in a commercial because they are barely even used in projects these days and Janice hasn't spoken for a decade. I'm still holding out hope. :smile:

W

Wembley Fraggle

lol-

Yes i know the fraggles wouldnt be in them. I was just joking. Let me dream Jamie :wink:

-Josh

PS how is Fraggle Rock a seperate license? I thought any muppet & Muppet show belongs to the Henson company? Come to think of it I think Fraggle Rock is suffering due to the whole 'who owns the rights' stuff because how could it get onto dvd or back onto tv when nobody even knows who owns the rights to put it back out into the public?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Henson owns the rights to Fraggle Rock in whole (therefore - EMTV does). Just because a company owns the rights to several casts of characters doesn't mean that they licence them all when deals are made. Actually that would be a very rare thing. It could easily mean less revenue for the company because they would be spreading themselves too thin. It's just how it goes. I do find it interesting that HBO has no rights to Fraggle Rock but that is the deal that was reportedly struck in the 80s. Such a practice would not occur today.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey,
Is anyone catching these commercials on video ?

couldnt someone leave the VCR recording on One Channel for a day to catch em ?

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

D'oh !

Man im so high and excited !

Kermit is in the UK !

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do they have Dennys in the UK? At least for the commercials, the food is another thing. LOL!