Customers on Mopatop's Shop

Thijs

Reaction score
In the Neteherlands is it shown too, but synchronized with a dutch voice!!!!:frown::frown::frown:
It`s not as funny as sesame street, but the muppets that are used are excellent. I hope that the REAL voices are ok...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

The Puppeteer of Mopatop (Mak Wilson) said that he was stuck for a long time trying to find out what kind of voice to use for him.

He says the voice kept changing, And then he settled on his own Birmingham accent, But a bit gentler.

Because nothing is ever too much for Mopatop, And he can handle everything. He is always ready to help people.

So thats why he has that voice...

Cory, Im from East London.
And i am Cockney !

We dont say "Pip Pop" and all that stuff no more, Its just stereotypes.

Lots of customers in Mopatops Shop do have lots of different accents tho.
East London, Welsh, Scottish etc...

And i should say a Welsh accent and Liverpudlian are very different, Sometimes i cant understand Welsh people...
Well most of the time - LOL

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by *Warrick*

And i am Cockney !

Yeah, that's the rough equivallent of us Bostonians saying, "I pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd..." I have a female instructor with a British accent (a soft one, kinda like..and I'm only using this as an example..Jane from the Disney Tarzan film).

I don't care if theey all speak in very harsh, thick dialects or anything. It's just more intelegable than those accursed Teletubbies and their, "Eh oh. Gah Gah. buh buh," crud!

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by *Warrick*

And i am Cockney !

I thought cockney was like that really hard to understand stuff they use in the Guy Ritchie films or th emovie Trainspotting...kind of like if I was to go to Scottland or Ireland...its English, but *very* regional.
Then again people under 25 hear say 'dude thats siiick! tight! h*lla no way!'

Hehe, that was just a bad joke. Then again if people see GMC they might think all Londoners say "Oh not at tall, not at tall Jeeves...I was just fancying myself a pot of tea you see, carry on!"

Yeah, I think US broadcasters
prefer 'Jane from Disney's Tarzan' light British Accents...though as long as I can undertsaand it its ok.

Btw, LOL at Dr Tooth...that was a pretty good JFK impersonation!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Re:Re, all the way home Guys,

Originally posted by beaker
LOL at Dr Tooth...that was a pretty good JFK impersonation!
Yeah. it's a pretty big Boston Joke. In fact, only like blue collar workers and sports fans (and comedian Steve Sweeny) have that kinda accent, that I know of.

I mean, I could soun' like dat if I wanned to, but I do not!

I trained myself to talk prutty sophisticutted, so thur you huve it. Just kidding.

I mean, some people aren't aware of how many dialects and accents a country can have. I mean, saying all British people talk like cast members of Mary Poppins is the rough equivilant of them saying that US citizens have southern accents.

Though, between yoiu and me, I do pretty good impersonations of certain accents. My Liverpoodlien Beatle impressions make some of my fellow students laugh.. hopefully WITH me, not at!

Sidebottom

Reaction score
I just watched the four Mopatop episodes on that web site. They're great!

I love how Princess Lulabelle is Shaky Sanchez.

And if I'm not mistaken, the "Rude Dude" is Tosh Fraggle's pet beast, and the opera star "Singalotti" is the Blustering Bellowpane Monster that blows Boober's lucky hat off. Feel free to correct me on these.

-Sidebottom

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sidebottom
I just watched the four Mopatop episodes on that web site. They're great!

I love how Princess Lulabelle is Shaky Sanchez.

And if I'm not mistaken, the "Rude Dude" is Tosh Fraggle's pet beast, and the opera star "Singalotti" is the Blustering Bellowpane Monster that blows Boober's lucky hat off. Feel free to correct me on these.
Indeed, sadly Mopatop is a treasure the majority of us arent able to enjoy. Mopatop shop is almost like a modern day Fraggle hole...somehow able to incorporate characters from Classic TMS and Fraggle Rock with ease.

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by beaker
I thought cockney was like that really hard to understand stuff they use in the Guy Ritchie films or th emovie Trainspotting...kind of like if I was to go to Scottland or Ireland...its English, but *very* regional.
This is where it gets confusing - not all Cockney's speak Cockney. To be a 'Cockney' you have to have been born within the sound of 'Bow Bells' - they are like these famous bells that would ring out over East London. However, London's quite exclusive now, the property prices have gone up so not everyones ahem .... 'common'. There's plenty of posh speaking high flying cockneys around. Technically my mums a cockney, but neither her or me really speak like it - although we do like Pie & Mash, Seafood .... but not mushy pea's !

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Luke
This is where it gets confusing - not all Cockney's speak Cockney. To be a 'Cockney' you have to have been born within the sound of 'Bow Bells' - they are like these famous bells that would ring out over East London. However, London's quite exclusive now, the property prices have gone up so not everyones ahem .... 'common'. There's plenty of posh speaking high flying cockneys around. Technically my mums a cockney, but neither her or me really speak like it - although we do like Pie & Mash, Seafood .... but not mushy pea's !
I still think Mopatop speaks like he's on qualudes with peanut butter in his mouth LOL

Joggy

Reaction score
Is anyone here a fan of Moosey Mouse?

Moosey is one of the mice from Muppet Christmas Carol, with a yellow sweater on. He lives above the shop with his parents, and in every episode he has a little adventure of his own, usually unnoticed by Mopatop, Puppyduck, and the customers. He's always there to check things out whenever something's happening, or to find something for his parents... and I just LOVE him!!! :big_grin: