Could we stop embedding Youtube videos in threads?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Forgive me for sounding like a n00b, but what is this "Nerdist link" of which you speak?
Nerdist is the YouTube account that holds the official Fraggle/Ben Folds video. There are often many links for the same content. I wanted to make sure this was a controlled experiment in that I was using the same exact video from the same exact place, but using different ways to code it into a page.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I didn't think this really needed a new thread, so here it goes...

Can there be some way to implement it so that videos do not appear in quoted posts or enforce a rule to not quote videos? It's quite annoying when someone posts videos, then multiple people quote it, and you have to scroll through video after video of the same exact thing. It's not really a big deal for me loading wise, but I can imagine this could cause issues for people who have bad internet connections or old computers.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I know that there are extensions for Chrome and Firefox (and possibly Safari, though I wouldn't know since it's been a while since I've used it) that can allow you to load Flash files on demand, or toggle Flash files on and off, so there's one option.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But why should I put an extension on to block all flash when I don't need it?

I'm just asking this for courtesy sake...

There is no need to quote a post containing nothing but multiple videos. And to see that happen multiples times on a single page...

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I was only suggesting incase nobody here can find a better solution. If they can just do something similar to what you had suggested that would be great.
On a related note, it really bothers me that when I put in a YouTube link, it doesn't show up as a link but an embedded flash video.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And I feel compelled to say that you are missing the point. My issue is with people quoting embedded videos, not that people can't link them.

There is no reason why people should be quoting videos so that they end up on one page three or four times.