Classics

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL...Yeah, I think it might be a bit of a stretch to do "TLM"...Piggy as a mermaid...eck, I dunno if I like that one...:big_grin:

-Matt

Natalie

Reaction score
oh, and about the local theater thing, i totally agree. i've been acting at a small town theater for a few years now, it's great. those kind of people do need the support

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow I didn't think I'd get this amount of replies.

Sweetums as the Beast, Piggy as the Beuty?

I thought that Peter pan would be good because Kirm could be peter, pig could be wendy, foz and Gonz could be pig's brothers, and the lost boys could be replased with the lost band, Electric Mayhem.

As to those who think that the JHC shoul do their own things have you seen Muppets from Space????

Jackie

Reaction score
I would love to see them doing something classic IN THE MOVIE. Like say the premise is...

The Muppets are trying to film their version of the movie Robin Hood and throughout the filming Muppet mishaps occur constantly, Kermit goes insane, Piggy runs away with one of the actors then gets dumped....you know, muppety stuff.

:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm also of the camp that prefers original stories. MCC and MTI were fun experiments but now they've been there, done that and it's now time to move on.

...however were they to do another story, Robin Hood would be at the bottom of the list since it was already done on the Lynn Redgrave version of The Muppet Show.

...so along those lines, i wouldn't mind maybe one or at most two shows a season in a television series were they put on a "play" of a classic story like they did in that TMS episode. But with movies, they come out so infrequently that i'd rather the team put their time, money, and effort into something original than blow it all on a "retelling" and then have to wait another few years for the next movie.