Classics

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does any one think that the JHC and Disney should make some more of the old classics into Muppet films?

Robin Hood

Peter Pan

Oliver

Annie

ect?

I know I'll be in trouble for suggesting such a thing when no one likes Treasure Island any way. Or so I've heard.

Bye
Beauregard

Salmoto

Reaction score
Robin Hood - I never really liked any family-style robin hood.....but it would be fun, especially if Robin were Robin Hood, as Kermit would say "Where's Errol Flynn when you need him..."

Peter Pan - Disney's got Peter Pan in a chokehold and doesn't plan on letting it go. It also would be a pain to cast since all of the muppets would have to be younger. Peer Pan with the Muppet Babies is something I'd want to avoid.

Oliver - Disney made a version of this, and, well blecch......future generations of family film makers should avoid the stage for inspiration.

Annie - Maybe as a skit or an utter parody, it'd be funny to see Piggy trying to act like a little baby girl, especially to Kermit's Daddy Warbucks.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey, man, not to bite your head off or anything, but I'm sick of the Muppets doing other stuff, instead of their own material :smile:

Just my opinion!

- Billy :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think that a bit of integration would be okay...maybe some referances or an obscure parady, something not totally to the story but loosely-based. But I do agree with Billy that the Muppets need to bring the noise with new stuff! :big_grin:

-Matt

crazy ernie

Reaction score
i think the phantom toolbooth would be a very good idea as a muppet production

Ryan

Reaction score
I always wanted to see the Muppets do a TMS version of "West Side Story". I just love WSS, and here is how I'd like it to go:

Pigs against Frogs (With silly, puppet violence)

Frogs:
Kermit ( Tony)
Baby John (Robin)
Assorted Frogs

Pigs:
Chino (Strangepork)
Bernardo (Link)
Maria (Annie Sue)
Annita (Miss Piggy) (who would be upset about casting, naturally)
Assorted Pigs

I would like to see the following musical #'s

When You're a Frog ;0)
Be Cool
I Feel Pretty
Maria

How do you guys feel about this?:smile:

wockawocka

Reaction score
I LOVED MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND!!! But I agree with Matt, they need to do their own stuff.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
Oliver - Disney made a version of this, and, well blecch......future generations of family film makers should avoid the stage for inspiration.
I just gotta correct a couple of things from this post. First off, Oliver and Company was NOT based off the stage musical, but rather the same book that the stage musical was based off of. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (the author or A Christmas Carol, which was made into a Muppet Themed Movie)

Secondly, there have been some wonderful adaptations of films from the stage. While capturing the magic and charm of any theatrical production is hard, it can be done. My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Little Shop of Horrors, and The King and I are just some of the shows transferred to film well.

While nothing should ever replace live theater, some film treatments work. I still feel everyone should see at least one live theater production a year, even if its a small local theater troop.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I still feel everyone should see at least one live theater production a year, even if its a small local theater troop.
or even better, be on crew for a local theater production. i was on the props crew for my local theater's production of aladdin last spring