1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

A great old promo for a new Sesame season:

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was a promo for the My Sesame Street Home Video series. And seeing that this promo comes from the end of the "Put Down the Duckie" release and includes some clips from The Best of Elmo it must be from near the end of Random House's contract, so it must not have been in very many video releases.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Big Bird on The Donny and Marie Show, 1977:

HeyButtahfly likes this.
  4. muppet maniac

A promo for The Dinah Shore Show with Big Bird and Oscar, from 1977:

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Haha, it was awesome to see Big Bird and hear those old classic laugh track laughs from the old days together in one thing!
    Isn't this where Caroll got himself in trouble with Oscar for teasing Richard Dawson? He mentions an the incident in his book being on Dinah Shore, but I noticed Dawson isn't in the promo, so I guess maybe he was on her show more than once?
  6. muppet maniac

:confused: I didn't know about that. What happened exactly?
  7. D'Snowth

Caroll was appearing on Dinah Shore with Oscar, and Richard Dawson happened to have been the guest before him; at the time, Dawson supposedly wasn't proud of having done Hogan's Heroes, and didn't like being associated with the series, even though it's what made him famous (pre-Match Game and Family Feud)... Caroll thought it would be funny to try to have Oscar banter with him, so he had Oscar say, "So Dawson, how's everything over at Hogan's Heroes? Heh-heh-heh!" Needless to say, Dawson was not impressed, and when he took the floor, neither Caroll nor Oscar got another word in edge wise for the rest of the show.
  8. muppet maniac

A Spanish dub of a street scene/sketch with The Count and Gladys the Cow, mid-late 1970s:

9. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I think that was taken from Episode 1014 (Gordon and Susan wake up). The description of the episode says "A cow wants to be counted as a bird in order to get some breadcrumbs."
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_1014
  10. muppet maniac

Some Fisher-Price Movie Viewer cartridges from the 70s, including Sesame Street:

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  11. minor muppetz

The first season "forwards and backwards" sketch, partially in english (the first half is in hebrew).

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. minor muppetz

I found a segment that I've been wanting to see for quite awhile now, the one where Telly sells Kermit a head warmer. I now know what the headwarmer looks like!

Interestingly, according to the upload date this was posted last year, but I could have sworn I searched "kermit and telly" a number of times since it was uploaded.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. FrackleFan2012

Here's a Coronet commercial for the "Follow That Bird" Sweepstakes that start at 1:12.

14. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

THIS.

2 things:
    1) The song speeds way up. What kind of drugs was that drummer on?
    2) Why didn't they show any cast regulars on the show? I could TOTALLY see Maria, David, Luis, Susan, Big Bird, Grover, Ernie, Herry Monster, and Roosevelt Franklin dancing to this music. (In a separate shot, Oscar would pop out of his can briefly, look towards the arbor area, look at the camera in disgust, and then slam the lid down again...hee hee.)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. D'Snowth

I've searched both YouTube AND the SST video page, to no avail...

Does any one have the William Wegman film where Fay tries on different disguises, and V/O kids try to guess what she's dressed as, such as a "ladybug" and "Kermit the Dog"?
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I think I have seen that one on You Tube as part of a full episode though. I can't remember which one it was though, I'm sorry I can't narrow it down better for you. Maybe you can search that on Muppet Wiki and find the episode number.
  17. FrackleFan2012

I looked at the episode numbers of where they included the Kermit the Dog clip but none of the full versions are up on Youtube.
  18. D'Snowth

Right. I looked at Muppet Wiki at the episode numbers associated with the particular film, and none of those episodes are on YouTube.
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Really? I know I saw it somewhere before. Maybe it was one of those iTunes episodes. I guess I'll have to think about it. Alternatively, maybe the particular ep I saw was taken down. I don't know.
  20. D'Snowth

I guess if it was on YouTube once, maybe it had to be removed because other content being administered by Lionsgate or some thing.