1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by the_great_gonzo, Aug 31, 2002.

1. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

Hey everyone,
    I just found out some characters revealed for the new Muppet christmas movie on imdb.com. They are:

PEOPLE:
    David Arquette...Daniel
    Joan Cusack...Rachel Bitterman
    Whoopi Goldberg...Daniel's Boss

But even better here are...

MUPPETS:
    Steve Whitmire...Kermit/Rizzo/Beaker/Bean
    Frank Oz...Piggy/Fozzie/Animal/Sam
    Dave Goelz...Gonzo/Bunsen/Waldorf
    Bill Barretta...Pepe/Dr. Teeth/Rowlf/Swedish Chef

Wow. I really hope this is true or else I'll feel like an idiot. I hope it is true because not only would it mean that we'd hear Frank Oz but we'd see the return of Bean, Dr. Teeth and Rowlf. If this is not true, I'm sorry but I just report what I find.
  2. Joe

Joe New Member

if that info is true, that's a good thing, but Statler seems to be missing (can't remember, is he performed by Frank Oz?) I can't imagine them having Waldorf without Statler, it just wouldn't work..
  3. grail

grail New Member

i thought Steve Whitmire was doing Statler now...

great find! now we just have to hope it holds out. because anyone can submit info, and it stays up until it is proven wrong, these could be incorrect. but with the humans already having names, i'd say there's a better chance that it's genuine.

didn't Joan Cusack already play a character named "Judith Bitterman"? it sounds familiar. "Adams Family Values", maybe? gonna have to look it up...

edit:

I'm wrong, she didn't...but i KNOW that character for some reason...now that's gonna bug me, but it's irrelevant, because whatever line i was drawing between the two is gone...

however, i would like to point out that it also has Steve Whitmire doing "Captain Abraham Smollet" so it's possible that someone just pasted part of the MTI list in here and tried to pass it off.

either that or they got some 'splainin' to do!
  4. matleo

matleo Active Member

hey grailo,
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Mrs. Butterworth? but seriosuly, I ran a search for charcters named Bitterman on imdb and this is what it came up with. have you seen any of these. Maybe you're remembering a Bitterman for mone of thsse films instead.

1. James Gammon (I) (Sheriff Bitterman)
    . . . Stranger at My Door (1991) (TV)
    2. Wayne Kneeland (Russell Bitterman)
    . . . Risky Business (1983)
    3. Bob Marley (II) (Earl Bitterman)
    . . . Mint Condition (2001)
    4. Joel Murray (Carl Bitterman/Various Characters)
    . . . "Baby Blues" (2000) TV Series
    5. Ted Ross (I) (Bitterman, Arthur's Chauffer)
    . . . Arthur (1981)
    6. Ted Ross (I) (Bitterman)
    . . . Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)
    7. Douglas Sept (Don Bitterman)
    . . . Surprise Party, The (2001)

Female characters:

1. Joan Cusack (Rachel Bitterman)
    . . . Very Muppet Christmas, A (2002) (TV)
    2. Arabella Field (Melinda Bitterman/Various Characters)
    3. Alison La Placa (Melanie Bitterman)
    . . . "Suzanne Pleshette Is Maggie Briggs" (1984) TV Series
    4. Kath Soucie (Rodney Bitterman/Megan Bitterman/Various Characters)

--Matt
  5. grail

grail New Member

actually, now that you've said it, i think maybe it was Baby Blues...it's a show i've seen recently (on adult swim), but not paid much attention to...don't have any clue where i came up with "judith" though...

weird...thanks for the help though! i really appreciate that!
  6. Stulz

Stulz Member

Statler

Jerry Nelson has perfomed Statlersince Richard Hunts death in 1992.
  7. grail

grail New Member

Re: Statler

oops...ha ha. i knew that didn't sound right, but i was drawing a blank as to who it was. been that kind of day...

thanks!
  8. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

I doubt Bean is in it, but if he is maybe he will get a kiss from Kelly Ripa. :D
  9. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*sighs* So far, it looks like Scooter either won't be showing up, or if he does it'll be just a cameo in a group shot. :( *sighs again*
  10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

the_great_gonzo

That site is tends to have wrong info on it offen, that site also said that Frank Oz worked on KSY, which he did not,
    Eric preforms Miss Piggy and Fozzie now, and we all hope that Jerry Nelson worked on this up coming movie as well to voice Statler, Robin, Folyd and maybe Lew Zeland.
  11. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

The inside word is that Eric did Piggy and Fozzie for the Christmas movie.
    -Artie
  12. The Great Gonzo

The Great Gonzo New Member

Bean Bunny and Kelly Ripa--both all about the cute.
  13. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Where are these inside words? I want to get in on that action. (hehe). But seriously, I'm sure your right. Frank is much too busy for the Muppets nowadays...:(

-Matt
  14. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

Just found out more cast news on imdb.com. Again, don't know if it's true or not but it says that the cast of the NBC show Scrubs will be in it, playing their Scrubs characters.
  15. I believe it's actually Dave Goelz who's doing Waldorf, not Steve.
  16. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I keep hearing about this thing with Frank Oz..what's up with that??? DId he quit the muppets?? He was the voices in Muppets From Space, right? Is there any info on this, like, newspaper articles or something? Has anyone heard Fozzie/Piggy/Animal?etc. and do they sound okay without him? I though maybe he just didn't do puppeteering anymore but still dubbed in the voices?

anyway, I'd really like more info on this..seems weird...
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I guess technically he is on the pay roll or 'when needed' by JHC, but by now for all practical purposes Miss Piggy is now performed by Eric Jaccobson..whom I might add does an excellent version in my opinion. Btw, the Stryder in your handle...from the cool Capcom series 'Strider Hiryu' or from the character in LOTR?
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

At Muppet Fest: Jerry Nelson was Statler, Dave Goelz was Waldorf.

I'm wondering why Jerry and his characters weren't listed in the first post of this thread...are they left out on purpose or by accident??

It won't be right without him.

FOZ

Frank Oz (btw) lends his voice from time to time, but I think now we can pretty much count him out of the loop anymore.
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I played the original video game on the NES, but I've always had a fondness for Aragorn from LOTR...of course, I've been using this name for so long that I rarely think of it in either context anymore..although I did have to get the "Strider" figure from the LOTR movie line :)

About Frank Oz...that's really bad news to me...I don't know, just doesn't seem right...is there any reason Why this is? He does so many characters! Fozzie, Piggy, animal, Sam, Bert, Grover...all revoiced? Or did they just get rid of a bunch?

I don't know, I always thought Frank was almost as important as Jim...like, Jim was the main character, but Frank was 3/4 main supporting characters...

oh well, I guess nothing lasts forever...hopefully he'll at least be the voices on any major movies they do...
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard to say they got rid of any characters, since the last project with ALL those Muppet Show characters (together) was Muppets From Space.

Eric Jacobson performs Grover, Piggy, and Bert from time to time. John Kennedy is Fozzie. Rick Boyd (I think) is Animal. David Rudman is Cookie Monster. Dunno about Sam, though.

However, Frank DOES do the characters from time to time, he's just buisy with Films he directs. In this season of Sesame, Frank voiced Grover, Bert, and Cookie Monster at various taped inserts (Monster time, Letter of the day, New Ernie and Bert segments for Journey to Ernie) , but the "fill ins" did all of the "on the street" segments, and some of the other taped inserts.

But the question is, will Frank play his respective characters in any theatrically released movies.....