characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
There is a little snippet about it in the latest issue of TV guide. It does mention the cast of scrubs.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I guess it's understandable, and as long as the characters are accurately and satisfactorily portrayed and all...

..but I can't help remembering the saying "Dont forget who brought you to the dance"

edit: just thought of something...the last time I heard piggy was the new weezer video...was that frank? If not, I didn't even notice a difference, which is comforting....

danielromens

Reaction score
I seem to remember an article about Jerry Nelson from a while back stating, among other things, his involvement with a folk band, as well as scaling down his duties with the muppets. These guys have been doing this for some time, we can't expect the older guys to stick around forever. Maybe it's for the best though, eric and steve's chemistry is much better than frank and steve. when you put the characters in new hands it lends to creating something new, rather than recapturing something old.

Iggy35

Reaction score
I think they should stick with the statler voice they used in the Weezer video .. Much more like the statler we know & love.

IGGY35

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Great Gonzo
Bean Bunny and Kelly Ripa--both all about the cute.
Yeah! and they're both made of foam!!!!!

but, as we've said on another post DON'T TRUST iMDB!!! They list the wierdest things. Captain Smollet?!?!?!

Patty E.

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
"...for all practical purposes Miss Piggy is now performed by Eric Jaccobson..whom I might add does an excellent version in my opinion. "
To: Beaker
Really, a guy as in male?

Patty E.
:eek:

grail

Reaction score
Miss Piggy has ALWAYS been performed by a guy. for years, it's been Frank Oz...you'd know that if you knew ANYTHING about the muppets...proving once and for all that you only came in here to push personal agendas, and that personally now have absolutely no use for you...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is a rather commonly known fact Frank Oz has performed and voiced Miss Piggy until last year. Richard Hunt also performed Miss Piggy in the first season of The Muppet Show. Richard also performed and voiced Janice from the Electric Mayhem band.

Men have performed many Muppet characters. There are few women in the core Muppet group of performers, and they seem to come and go. The Muppets are much more Monte Python than Disney.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
Miss Piggy has ALWAYS been performed by a guy. for years, it's been Frank Oz...you'd know that if you knew ANYTHING about the muppets...proving once and for all that you only came in here to push personal agendas, and that personally now have absolutely no use for you...
upon further inspection, i seem to have left the word "I" out of my previous statement, which was a mistake, and i apologize. i still stand by what i said, but i do not presume to speak for the rest of the board, and i apologize.

however, i do not wish to speak to those with minds so closed that they are unwilling to even entertain a new idea or two. you have a lot to learn about the Muppets and what they stand for, and until you do, don't talk to me. not trying to be mean, but all you've done so far is make me angry, and i do not wish to be so in this place, it defeats the purpose.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Eck....I know Mike is a pretty tolerant person with annoying people on here...I'm glad I haven't read many of Patty E.'s posts, or I might be furious. I hate run-in's on the board, but if deGraila is getting ticked, I would probably be fuming.

-Matt