1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Can I Change my MC User Name?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Foodie, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but, is it possible to change one's user name here without creating a new account. I know I've been Foodie here since 1998 but I usually go by Phraggle everywhere else as Foodie is just the name of one of my characters. So... is that possible? :smirk:
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

No, as far as I know, it can't be done. I wouldn't really recommend it either, considering that we know you as Foodie. Changing it would make you lose that history attached to you.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why is everybody so hot about changing their names these days? This is like the third or fourth thread we've had on the subject this year it seems.

You could talk to Phil about it, but IIRC, Phil generally discourages name characters for the very reasons Hubert just mentioned (and yes, this may shock a number of you guys, but my first year here, I was known as something other than "D'Snowth").
  4. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Aw well. Yeah, it's annoying to change names. They let people do it on Deviant Art now and I can't tell who I'm talking to anymore. It's just odd to be Foodie here and Phraggle/Fraggle everywhere else.
    This guy down here is Foodie who normally goes by Foof nowadays.

[​IMG]
  5. D'Snowth

Yeah, but I think you have to have a premium membership in order to change your name on dA.
  6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah... I guess I know a lot of people with premium memberships cuz there's been tons o' name changing o'er there. :smirk:
  7. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I get the reasoning & all. This site is just a bit odd cuz most everywhere else, folks know me as Phraggle and/or Fraggle. Besides, I'm not that well-known here so I dunno if it would make much of an impact other than it won't make me blink when I'm called Foodie. :smirk:
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*gasps*

What were you known as, might I ask?

Well, you are kinda known here now that you're art is getting some recognition...
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi Foodie. As far as creating a second account under the user name you'd prefer to have, no, please don't do that as MC discourages multiple accounts used by the same individual person.
    You could talk to Phillip about helping you change your user name if you're still wanting to have it changed, as he's pretty much the only one who has that overarching ability.

Hope this helps and have a good night.
  10. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I think I vaguely remember seeing you mention this in a post somewhere Snowth. Wasn't it Kathy Greenwood Fan or something to do with her if my memory serves me right?
  11. D'Snowth

Nah, I was here at MC long before I ever discovered her, lol.

I'm pretty sure my original handle here was "Courage-Bagge", since I used to use that for practically EVERYTHING back in the day.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I thought I had been seeing a lot of threads lately about changing names. Is it a virus?
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.