Can I Change my MC User Name?

Foodie

Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right place to ask but, is it possible to change one's user name here without creating a new account. I know I've been Foodie here since 1998 but I usually go by Phraggle everywhere else as Foodie is just the name of one of my characters. So... is that possible? :smirk:

Hubert

Reaction score
No, as far as I know, it can't be done. I wouldn't really recommend it either, considering that we know you as Foodie. Changing it would make you lose that history attached to you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is everybody so hot about changing their names these days? This is like the third or fourth thread we've had on the subject this year it seems.

You could talk to Phil about it, but IIRC, Phil generally discourages name characters for the very reasons Hubert just mentioned (and yes, this may shock a number of you guys, but my first year here, I was known as something other than "D'Snowth").

Foodie

Reaction score
No, as far as I know, it can't be done. I wouldn't really recommend it either, considering that we know you as Foodie. Changing it would make you lose that history attached to you.
Aw well. Yeah, it's annoying to change names. They let people do it on Deviant Art now and I can't tell who I'm talking to anymore. It's just odd to be Foodie here and Phraggle/Fraggle everywhere else.
This guy down here is Foodie who normally goes by Foof nowadays.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They let people do it on Deviant Art now and I can't tell who I'm talking to anymore.
Yeah, but I think you have to have a premium membership in order to change your name on dA.

Foodie

Reaction score
Yeah, but I think you have to have a premium membership in order to change your name on dA.
Yeah... I guess I know a lot of people with premium memberships cuz there's been tons o' name changing o'er there. :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
Why is everybody so hot about changing their names these days? This is like the third or fourth thread we've had on the subject this year it seems.

You could talk to Phil about it, but IIRC, Phil generally discourages name characters for the very reasons Hubert just mentioned (and yes, this may shock a number of you guys, but my first year here, I was known as something other than "D'Snowth").

I get the reasoning & all. This site is just a bit odd cuz most everywhere else, folks know me as Phraggle and/or Fraggle. Besides, I'm not that well-known here so I dunno if it would make much of an impact other than it won't make me blink when I'm called Foodie. :smirk:

Hubert

Reaction score
(and yes, this may shock a number of you guys, but my first year here, I was known as something other than "D'Snowth").
*gasps*

What were you known as, might I ask?

I get the reasoning & all. This site is just a bit odd cuz most everywhere else, folks know me as Phraggle and/or Fraggle. Besides, I'm not that well-known here so I dunno if it would make much of an impact other than it won't make me blink when I'm called Foodie. :smirk:
Well, you are kinda known here now that you're art is getting some recognition...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Foodie. As far as creating a second account under the user name you'd prefer to have, no, please don't do that as MC discourages multiple accounts used by the same individual person.
You could talk to Phillip about helping you change your user name if you're still wanting to have it changed, as he's pretty much the only one who has that overarching ability.

Hope this helps and have a good night.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
(and yes, this may shock a number of you guys, but my first year here, I was known as something other than "D'Snowth").
I think I vaguely remember seeing you mention this in a post somewhere Snowth. Wasn't it Kathy Greenwood Fan or something to do with her if my memory serves me right?