Bringing Back the Bells...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I am so doing this! I'm going to wear my reindeer-antler headband with bells on it. (Yeah, I'm cool like dat. :cool: I'll only have to shake my head.)
Just put on a rock song and start headbanging. :wink::sing:

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know i really like this idea mainly because of how at one time Muppet fans were so united and then they splintered - TP forum vs MC forum; little wars with other where everything/everyone at "The Other Place" does has to be knocked down for no other reason than BECAUSE it has to do with "The Other Place" - i'm all for anything that gets people thinking of each other as One as opposed to factions, splinters, or the whole "us vs them" mentality.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I just heard the Festival of the Bells song from Fraggle Rock, and YES I am completely willing to join in this project! Sounds like a fantastic way to unite Muppet fans across the globe for one belltastic moment!

Convincing John

Reaction score
I just heard the Festival of the Bells song from Fraggle Rock, and YES I am completely willing to join in this project! Sounds like a fantastic way to unite Muppet fans across the globe for one belltastic moment!
(Kermit impression): "Oh, good!"

I really do hope something gets mentioned at the Muppet Mindset about it. No matter who we are or what our different tastes are 'round these parts (or 'round other websites), there's one thing we all have in common: we all admire Jim and his work has had some kind of positive influence on us. Otherwise, we wouldn't be posting, chatting, blogging, writing fanfics, etc. here.

So, just like the old days, for those who wish to ring a bell, do it at the stroke of 9PM (Central Time). If you can pull it off, fire up "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" in your DVD player and start the episode right at 8:38PM. If you have chiming clocks where you live, they might chime right along with the Great Bell if you time it right.

Convincing John

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
I really do hope something gets mentioned at the Muppet Mindset about it.
Look for a big write-up about it sometime this week (Thursday, Friday, or Sunday). :big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks! If there's anything I can contribute to the article, let me know. Feel free to quote my posts if you like. It's great that others wish to share in this tradition!

Ooh, and here's something else I forgot to mention. Last month, I looked all over for a regular handle bell (like the Fraggles or the Salvation Army have) but they are harder to find than you think.

If you want a handled bell, they have them at Hobby Lobby (a craft store) if you have one in your area. The bells cost about $3.50 each.

If you want to get fancy about it, there's the Polar Express ornament (jingle bell) at Hallmark, too.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
So, when will this be?
The ringing of the bells will be at the stroke of 9PM (Central Time) on Dec. 21st. If you live in the Eastern Time zone, it'd be 10PM and so on.

Like I said earlier, if you want to do something extra, have a copy of "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" handy and start it at exactly 8:38PM (Central Time). If you do this, then the Fraggles will ring their bells in the episode at exactly 9PM. If you have clocks at home that chime, then they might ring along with your bell, the Fraggles' bells, the Great Bell...it's really pretty to hear all those chimes and bells together.

All you need is a bell of some kind and a clock with the exact time. You can set your clock to this site and choose your time zone:

http://www.time.gov/

Convincing John