1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bringing Back the Bells...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Convincing John, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

This is also my first time hearing about this traddition, and I think it is beautiful! I also think it came at the perfect time, both for the muppet fan community, and for me personally. As some of you may have noticed, my visits to the forum have been spiratic. WRinging a bell at the exact same time as several others throughout the world will bring back that same bond and sense of connectedness that made me love being a member of MC in the first place!

Thank you everyone who is doing this for allowing me to connect with you in this way.
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yes, this is an awesome idea and I'm in. I like the episode idea. I'm just trying to think of what to ring. Hmm....
  3. Fragglemuppet

Lol, I should have a Christmas bell on my shelf somewhere...
    :confused:
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

If all else fails -- I just go "ding-a-ling"! LOL.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm in - i remember the old days on Delphi chat doing this. Perhaps its possible to sort out a temporary chat room to do this again like we did it before - perhaps even with audio so we can hear people ringing bells.
  6. Fragglemuppet

Maybe. Somehow though, I feel even better doing this away from my computer. I'm thinking of doing it outside, just so I don't disturb my family, and somehow I feel it'll also be nicer standing out in the crisp night air surounded by the earth and sky ringing your bell... Man, I could use a Mokey smiley right about now, lol!
    :)
    :flirt: Groovy!
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I don't have a bell, so I'm gunna make one with keys and spare change :p
  8. Faylo

Faylo Member

To celebrate my return to the forums and my returned love to all things Henson, I'm sooo participating :)
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAHHHH! One of my favorite Canadians has returned again!
  10. Faylo

Faylo Member

D'awww, Snowthy! <3 :)
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I just read that! That's so cool. <3
  13. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i'm stealing your idea! i have no bells to ring. i'm so in! so december 21st, 9 pm?
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

The Muppets Studio's official Twitter account Retweeted (reposted) my Tweet about this, and I quote...

"RT @muppetmindset Join us in bringing back bells to unite the Muppet fan community! http://bit.ly/6Zfuif @muppetsightings -12/21 Good idea!"

They support it! How COOL is that? :excited:
  15. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

This is awesome. Count me in! :)
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I saw that this morning and I was like, wow! Way to go Prawnie! This is awesome!
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Can i suggest something .. www.tinychat.com - u need to have twitter or facebook to use it but people can hear others on it or see them all in little windows if they have webcams. Text chat too. Would be cool to see and hear everyone ringing their bells, or just text chat like the old days.
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I think I got my point across here.
  19. Davina

Davina Member

let's see.. this will be about 6 pm for me.. think i can manage that :) so will be ringing our bells here in Alaska :)
  20. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Okay so tonight's the night. :). Remind me what time we ring again.