Boy, is This Forum Active Today, or What?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
:wink: : Three's Company sounds nice.

:embarrassed: : SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!
Sure, I'll take ya up on it...

As long as we watch the Suzanne Somers/Norman Fell years...I love it when Mr. Roper puts down someone or something (usually Jack or Mrs. Roper), and the camera cuts to a close-up of him grinning.:crazy:

And I'll watch SNL...so long as Aykroyd, Belushi, Chase, Curtin, Morris, Newman and Radner are in the cast. And of course, Chevy's "replacement," Bill Murray.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But I see you called ME sweetheart before you went back and added Skye's name before sweetheart.
Well her name is what I meant from the beginning!

As in I was talking to her in the first place! like I'll rescue you from the evil D'snowth, sweetie. I was talking to her! And telling Her that I was was rescuing her (Her being the sweetie) from the evil D'Snowth! In no was, shape, forum or fashion was I eeeeever calling you Sweetheart!:stick_out_tongue: Just trying to make that clear!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
It's about time I let you in on a deep, dark secret, Snowth...

I have never--and I mean never watched an episode of M*A*S*H!:embarrassed:

Evah!

Oh, and what seasons would you recommend I start/finish with? I heard the series kinda lost track a bit during its run, so what, in your opinion, are the best years?
*plugs ears* Lalalalalala! I did not hear that! Lalalalalala! Didn't hear it!

You must start with season one, because only then will you truly understand the complexity and the depth of the characters, young grasshoppah.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
*plugs ears* Lalalalalala! I did not hear that! Lalalalalala! Didn't hear it!

You must start with season one, because only then will you truly understand the complexity and the depth of the characters, young grasshoppah.
LOL!:smile:

Yeah, I figured season one would be a good place to start, 'cause, you know, one usually starts with one when one attempts to start...something.

I mean, you open a book, you start on page one, right?

When you attempt a project (building something, hooking up a DVD player, etc.) you start with page one in the manual...and the first instruction is usually "open box," so maybe that wasn't such a good example, since you're already ahead of the game there. Am I making any sense?

If not, I apologize. I'm suffering from a blasted cold, and am doped up on a weird mixture of medications right now...whoa! A flying green and orange polka-dot cow just flew by my window!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seasons one through three are okay... a littlE TOO sitcomy for a "dramady".

Seasons four and five get better, you get a better idea of what the characters' personal lives are like.

Seasons six and seven are the best! No more cast changes and wonderful stories, not to mention some characters demenor change for the better.

Seasons eight through eleven suck. They wrote off on of the most beloved characters of the show! Without Radar O'Reilly, the show now had little-to-no innocence and naivetee.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
His absence just shows how good the character development is!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Did Gary Burghoff willingly leave the show, or was Radar written out of the series?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did Gary Burghoff willingly leave the show, or was Radar written out of the series?
Both.

Gary Burghoff was beginning to experience burn-out and felt he just simply couldn't contribute anymore to the show. He had a contract for seven years, and decided not to renew it, so he could spend more time with his family, since doing the show began to put a strain on his family-life, which is why Radar began missing episodes around season four.

At least Gary agreed to appear in the first like three or four episodes of season eight so Radar could have a special good-bye show.