Boohbah?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I doubt it... the age group for this seems... well...

Let's put it this way. It may be designed to get kid's off the couch and excersize, but the fans of the show can't even crawl yet. As much as I can gather, they don't even TALK! Even the Telitubbies show has than narrator. I mean, truely this is an appauling show. If you want kids to get up off the couch... brainstorm... shut the darn TV off! Put on Music and have your kids dance!
Well, the target ages of 3-6 were taken off the FAQ on the show's website. I'm pretty sure the show's creators/producers didn't just pick that age group out of nowhere. They must have had some data to back it up.

I agree that it'd be better to just turn off the TV to make kids active but at least the show's trying to accomplish something positive. And, let's face it--most kids are going to watch some TV anyway. If it's something positive and they enjoy it, what's wrong with that?

Finally, action movies and other "crap" forms of entertainment usually do well in ratings/box office because that's what people want to see. Generally, networks/movie studios respond to what viewers want or what they think viewers will want. Sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes they're right. Besides, there are plenty of critically acclaimed shows that have done well in the ratings and been given a chance to air (including Sesame Street).

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
no no no... you dont get it, yes some shows with lots of bad rep do do good, BUT well... you will just have to watch the show, really, you will see it and have a totaly diffent opinion. Just cuz they are smaller does not mean they are so dumb that they have to watch colorful bubbles, sparkly fat things, and well just random stupid stuff that has no educational value. Even my dad said he would not have let us waist our live watching that as a kid. I grew up on sessame street and fraggles, as most of you did, and well I may not have understood it all the way, but I did get the concept of back and front, how to be nice, make friends, diffrent etnic backgrounds, how to count, and even say my ABC by the time I was about 3-4 ( I was very smart as a child) Im just saying, kids are not stupid, and can learn things at a ealry age. and not waist there life saying "boobah" "uh-oh" "eh-oh" and to blow on things to make them appear. Its just stupid, waist of time :boo: :sleep:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
no no no... you dont get it, yes some shows with lots of bad rep do do good, BUT well... you will just have to watch the show, really, you will see it and have a totaly diffent opinion. Just cuz they are smaller does not mean they are so dumb that they have to watch colorful bubbles, sparkly fat things, and well just random stupid stuff that has no educational value.
Okay, I'll try to check out the show today sometime. But, it doesn't really matter what we think (I'm sure I'll hate it within 30 seconds). The important thing is that kids enjoy the show!!

Have you read through the show's website? It explains the purpose of the show and what it's trying to accomplish-- namely getting kids more active. No, children are not "so dumb that they have to watch colorful bubbles, sparkly fat things" etc, but they are entertained by those things. And, if this show is successful, they will mimic those sparkly things by dancing or whatever, get exercise, and be healthier for it.

I'm not saying the show is as quality or educational as Sesame Street (is any kids show?). I'm just saying if kids have fun watching it (and there's the potential to derive some positive benefit from it), what's so bad about Boobah?

whattheduck

Reaction score
Just... watch the show... Ill just say this one thing, If I had kids, they would not be allowed to watch this. :concern: (lol I would be a :concern:ed mommy! :wink: )

Beebers

Reaction score
Good for you. Nor would I have, if my son were little right now. One of the great things about tv is that it does have an "off" button. The rampant "dumbing down" going on in this culture is frightening, and shows like Boohbah just pile more **** on the problem.

:frown: :boo: :concern: :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Good for you. Nor would I have, if my son were little right now. One of the great things about tv is that it does have an "off" button. The rampant "dumbing down" going on in this culture is frightening, and shows like Boohbah just pile more **** on the problem.
Took the words entirely out of my mouth, Cap'n Beeb!

I mean, if you want to get kids active, as I've said... shut the darn TV off and put on some music! Make your kid run around in the yard, play... fly a kite. A bunch of epeleptic mutant Grimaces aren't going to solve any problems.

I do not see how anyone 3-6 will even be entertained at all. This is definately for babies. These things make Barney look like a college professor, and the Care Bears look like Rambo.

I saw as much as I could with the sound turned off (I desperately want to make fun of this show in a comic somewhere...) and it was even more rediculous and repetitive than Teletubbies. All I saw was guys in bad scarey looking suits bounce around five times exactly the same, and kids dancing over a puddle of swirly colors for about fifty years.... I do not see how any even average IQ'ed child 3 and up can possibly stay entertained! :eek:

Beebers

Reaction score
I love that, Cap'n Beeb. People actually call me Beeb, when they haven't the strength for saying two syllables.

:big_grin:

Like most households, our first tv set arrived in the house in 1961. Black and white, by the way. The grownups were all greatly alarmed about the potential for . . . well, exactly what has happened. Therefore, they had acute awareness, and we were always chased OUT, OUT, OUT, to our great benefit. We sledded, skated, played pick-up informal sports, stickball with old broomsticks, dodgeball, baseball, etc., jumped rope, tag, OMG, we did it all. We didn't WANT to come home and SIT after school anyway!

This idea that little kids now have to be TAUGHT TO MOVE??? How weird are we getting???

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beebers said:
This idea that little kids now have to be TAUGHT TO MOVE??? How weird are we getting???

Exactly... I mean... where's thnat logic? Don't Kids already KNOW that they're supposed to go out and play? I blaime lazy parents who plop their kids in front of the TV for all this kind of bull-oney!

If this becomes a hit, I'll freak out... and judging the fact that it is stupid and just out and out bad, it will be... DRAT!!!

Beebers

Reaction score
Well. I cannot even go near the Lazy Parent Subject here. My head will explode, and leave a nasty mess. And it's MY generation, too. I can't believe what these people morphed into. Talk about mortification.

:embarrassed: :grouchy: :embarrassed: :grouchy: :embarrassed:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Boobah,why?

I really don't get Boobah,just like I don't get TeleTubbies.Granted Boobah is good for kids under 2 or so,get them to exercise,make silly noises.That's all I've gotten out of Boobah.I don't think the educational value is high on this show,just a tv babysitter really.-JaniceFerSure :eek: