Boohbah?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
anyone seen this yet?! hasnt come out on PBS yet, but it will later this month, like in a week or so I think. Its kinda... scary... then again, I have not seen the show, but the web site scares me... I cant stop laughing... :eek: http://pbskids.org/boohbah/boohbah.html just look and see, you see what I mean. Does anyone have any info on this show?! its not a cartoon, its like tellytubies sort of, or looks like it, but worse, if that is possible... :eek: :eek:

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Boobah?.....*snkrl*....*shknf*.....BWAHAHA!!!! :big_grin: I do agree with you though, that site is disturbing!....And I'm still laughing!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
When Boobahs attack!!!

What's with the loading screen with the walking Boobah and that creepy
E-mail-to-a-friend "Look What I can do" game? Eeeeeeeewwwww.....
And the title sounds like goat suprising someone: BOO!baaaaaah.

- :boo: baaaaaah

Mr.Flying-Boobahs-scare-me Penguin

Drtooth

Reaction score
The horror is real!!!!

I've had the misfortune of being courous enough to try to watch it... well, curiousity killed the cat, you know. This is such an appawlingly evil mind sucking experiance. I didn';t think a show could be worse than Telitubbies... but they proved me wrong! Teletubbies are college professors compared to the swirly colored mindless strobelight entertainment for the 9-15 month old set! This show should be pulled of the air immediately, or it could be the fall of western civilization! This show is pure unadulterated evil forged by Lucifer himself. I said that about Powerrangers, Barney, Telitubbies, and Beyblade... but this trups them all... for shame PBS... for shame!!!!!! :grouchy:

Beebers

Reaction score
Well said. Ditto.

Boohbah is obviously getting Way Too Much Fiber. Definite Digestive Distress, good God.

Perhaps he'll just explode from all that gas and go away.

Just when you thought PBS/childrens' could get no stupider. (Grammatically incorrect, I know.)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
yes I too was curious, but I had started school that day, so I had my sister tape it for me... oh my GOSH!I thought it was going to be bad... but not that bad (I gave it the benifit of the doubt, and was for shamed) Looks like someone one day was smoking or drinking a little too much... they give me nightmares! I mean those eyes! :boo: :cry: BUT in higher hopes. All of us who want to make it to television with our puppets should have no trouble after having this in the air! I mean (no offence to british people on this site) if that can make it to american tv, anything can (see in the US we get the scary british shows, like Boohbah and Teletubies, so if you ever hear an american make fun of british shows, its cuz all the weird scary things make it over here, not that all british shows are like that, and I sure hope not! but this is all we are exposed to and are told are british shows, hence why they make fun of you guys. I dont, I just think its crazy creators...)

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Ok, I admit I haven't seen the show (and that web site is beyond bizarre). But, I have to admire the goal of the program: to get children off the couch and exercising. Apparently, the idea is that kids (ages 3-6) will mimic the movements of the Boobahs(?) and thus become more active. So, it's based on a positive concept and hopefully kids wills enjoy it.

That said, the show seems terrible in a "this is REALLY lame for us adults" kind of way. Of course, I'd imagine that people once thought the idea of teaching kids the alphabet using puppets (including a green guy who lives in a trash can) was a tad out there too.

frogturtle

Reaction score
I came home from school yesterday and saw it as I was flipping through the channels. How can that be educational? Isn't that PBS's thing? To be educational? I watched about 5 minutes of it and not once did they use a real word. They danced around for a while then started to fly around in an animated world of colored bubbles. It was very scary. I had to stop watching it. How can that be a real show?
Valerie:confused: :confused: :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Ok, I admit I haven't seen the show (and that web site is beyond bizarre). But, I have to admire the goal of the program: to get children off the couch and exercising. Apparently, the idea is that kids (ages 3-6) will mimic the movements of the Boobahs(?) and thus become more active. So, it's based on a positive concept and hopefully kids wills enjoy it.

That said, the show seems terrible in a "this is REALLY lame for us adults" kind of way. Of course, I'd imagine that people once thought the idea of teaching kids the alphabet using puppets (including a green guy who lives in a trash can) was a tad out there too.
I doubt it... the age group for this seems... well...

Let's put it this way. It may be designed to get kid's off the couch and excersize, but the fans of the show can't even crawl yet. As much as I can gather, they don't even TALK! Even the Telitubbies show has than narrator. I mean, truely this is an appauling show. If you want kids to get up off the couch... brainstorm... shut the darn TV off! Put on Music and have your kids dance!

Personally This show sickens me on so many levels...

As a struggling cartoonist. It's impossible to get an idea out into the feild of entertainment no matter what you want to do, and of course, crap ideas are picked over brilliant ideas. It works for all kinds of media... Jeffery Scott in his book (got it for christmas) said that a lot of the times, dispite clearly being more involved character and human condition films fall a "quick death" while action movies make billions... that logic applies to everything... I'm probably never going to get a cartoon on TV, but then we have throwaway garbage like this... oy gavolt!

AS a Sesame Fan. They have to constantly dumb the show down for the younger kids who watch Boohbah, Blues Clues, and patronizing flickering light shows like that! Plus, PBS puts more money into crappy new forgettible shows than in a classic world adored timeless classic. Apparently, it's a dinosaur, and they want to make a quick buck of Telivised fads. Not to mention that PBS contributions go to getting crappy new shows, and not to new episodes from established shows.

As a Muppet fan in general. In the UK, there is Hoobs and Construction site. Now these will never see american shores becasue they feel that the British accents are "Jarring" to americans... BUT we can have a British Narrator talk about Teletubbies, and annoying British kids whining "boooooooobaaaahhhhh" Not to mention that I read the credits that day, and Muppet show writer/ guest Cris Langham is somehow involved... maybe it's a common name... a different Chris Langham... that's what will make me sleep better tonight..

Well... at least they got the "Boo" part right
:boo: