BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Hubert

Reaction score
Well, whenever a nurse or whoever seems to have difficulty with my veins, what they'll do it tap the bend of my arm with their index and middle fingers until they can see good vein under the skin they can stick.
They always try that...it never works...many times they have to revert to giving me hot compresses to put on my arm for a few minutes to make the veins stick out.

On a funny note, one time I was about to be stuck by this batty lady who was freaking out more than I was (and I wasn't even freaking out), I don't think she even did this a lot before., and she went on and on about my veins being "so flat"... finally, my usual sticker came to the rescue, and the batty lady was like, "Look! His veins are so flat! Is he always like this?" I tried so hard not to react to that, but what was with the, "Is he always like this?" remark? What do my veins have to do with how I'm like? I mean really.
That's the exact kind of people I have a habit of getting...

Vincent L

Reaction score
Speaking of drawing blood, that's what's happening to me in 3 days.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
You guys talking about all this fear of needles and brushing teeth reminded me of;
1: how much I want to give blood and contribute to a good cause, but can't because I'm scared of needles going right into my veins, and;
2: how I used to refuse to brush my teeth when I was little because I hated the taste of mint. It was either Strawberry flavored toothpaste or nothing!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
And you just all reminded me of my intent to get on the National Bone Marrow Donors List. I keep forgetting to look that up...gonna go check how to do it now...

No, it's not scary, and you can save a life!
-------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger from Nickelback are engaged.

Sometimes a story can stand for itself without any snarky jokes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just thinking about the idea of Kim Krapdashian and Kanye West having kids is scary to think about.

You got a sleazy fame whore and a tempermental egocentric maniac... just imagine what their kids would be like.