BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard they are much worse. That's pretty funny actually, you liking it and all.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I actually venture to say that I like shots. :embarrassed:
Wow, that's pretty out there. I still get a little freaked out when I have to get my blood drawn or something. But I guess to each their own with that sort of thing (I love brushing my teeth).

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I guess I muffined this thread. Oops. I'll make a strange hobbies thread.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My fear of shots is a weird one. I don't mind the shot itself. My fear is that the needle is going to break and get stuck under my skin :embarrassed: Needles themselves don't really bother me.

What's interesting is that getting my blood drawn really freaked me out. It wasn't all that painful from what I remember, but I remember keeping my eyes closed and gripping onto the side of the chair...but I'm not squeamish with blood, so I don't know why it freaked me out so much

Hubert

Reaction score
You get an adrenaline rush from it? :confused:
Not really, I was more going for the fact that sometimes thrill rides give you a bad feeling, yet afterwords, you kinda liked it. It's weird.

Yeah, I heard they are much worse. That's pretty funny actually, you liking it and all.
You heard wrong. They are a ton worse...shots are nothing after them...

I guess I muffined this thread. Oops. I'll make a strange hobbies thread.
Pfft...this was the topic, so we aren't really muffining. No guilt in this discussion.

Wow, that's pretty out there. I still get a little freaked out when I have to get my blood drawn or something. But I guess to each their own with that sort of thing (I love brushing my teeth).
On the other hand, brushing my teeth is one of my least favorite things on this earth.

Hubert

Reaction score
It's the minty feeling that gets it for me. I like having fresh breath.
I dread getting ready for the day/going to bed for the sheer fact that those are the times that I brush my teeth...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As a kid, like all of them, I too had this mortal fear of needles, getting shots, having blood work done, etc, but once I got older, I realized that there's really nothing to worry about... heck, I'm not bothered by them... I can't remember the last time I had a shot, but I have bloodwork done maybe once or twice a year at most, and I really don't feel a thing... of course, part of it too has to do with who exactly is drawing the blood... 9 out of 10 times I get someone with a caring touch, but there's an occasion where it's not quite the case: one time I was having blood drawn, but the nurse missed my vein completely, and the needle was actually sucking on the muscle... THAT hurt, but other than that, having blood drawn doesn't hurt, and there's barely even that half-second pinch you feel, I don't feel that anymore.

As far as brushing teeth goes... gee whiz, do not get me started... my mom is OCD about dental hygiene, it's not even funny, it's psychotic... she not only brushes after every meal, but she'll actually just randomly brush her teeth at any given moment because she feels compelled to do so, and she's always trying these crack whitening things you see on TV that never even work anyway because on TV people's teeth are un-naturally white because of special lighting or digital enhancements or whatever, teeth in real life are never that white. Besides, dentists actually say that excessive brushing actually does more harm than good, because excessive brushing adds that much wear and tear to the enamal on your teeth.

Hubert

Reaction score
As a kid, like all of them, I too had this mortal fear of needles, getting shots, having blood work done, etc, but once I got older, I realized that there's really nothing to worry about... heck, I'm not bothered by them... I can't remember the last time I had a shot, but I have bloodwork done maybe once or twice a year at most, and I really don't feel a thing... of course, part of it too has to do with who exactly is drawing the blood... 9 out of 10 times I get someone with a caring touch, but there's an occasion where it's not quite the case: one time I was having blood drawn, but the nurse missed my vein completely, and the needle was actually sucking on the muscle... THAT hurt, but other than that, having blood drawn doesn't hurt, and there's barely even that half-second pinch you feel, I don't feel that anymore.
Now on the subject of people drawing blood...sheesh! I've had people who have had no idea what their doing at all...sticking the needle in, then fishing around for a vein...it's ridiculous. For a while, however, I've quit going to the hospital and starting going to a blood draw place near me that always has the same person.

The other thing is that usually for me they have to try two or three veins before they actually get a steady flow...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The other thing is that usually for me they have to try two or three veins before they actually get a steady flow...
Well, whenever a nurse or whoever seems to have difficulty with my veins, what they'll do it tap the bend of my arm with their index and middle fingers until they can see good vein under the skin they can stick.

On a funny note, one time I was about to be stuck by this batty lady who was freaking out more than I was (and I wasn't even freaking out), I don't think she even did this a lot before., and she went on and on about my veins being "so flat"... finally, my usual sticker came to the rescue, and the batty lady was like, "Look! His veins are so flat! Is he always like this?" I tried so hard not to react to that, but what was with the, "Is he always like this?" remark? What do my veins have to do with how I'm like? I mean really.