Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case anyone missed it, it's on Jimmy Kimmels official Youtube channel. Very nice stuff... you could tell that Carol was trying to step on the jokes before Jimmy could (with funnier results IMO)... of course, he forgot that Laura Bush WAS on Sesame Street (with Elmo, so I'm guessing why he didn't remember).. and he even got in that great bit about how Oscar being miserable makes him happy, but being happy makes him miserable (I love that bit). Very good appearance. And you can tell he was a Sesame Street fan... if one thing, you want to have a SS appearance by someone who's willing to dress the entire crew up as SS characters for Halloween (I wish the retail costumes were that good).

I hope NBC puts up the other appearances like ABC did. Jimmy Fallon's not just late night, but late late night. I'm gonna be too tired to see it.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Usally NBC.Com posts Full Episode after they air each night! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I hope NBC puts up the other appearances like ABC did. Jimmy Fallon's not just late night, but late late night. I'm gonna be too tired to see it.
Like BIGMuppetFan said, NBC.com always has stuff up the day after--and if they don't, Hulu definitely will.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just hope when Elmo and Rosita are on Jimmy Fallon that Elmo will let Rosita get a word in edge-wise... seems like half of the time he's on with other characters, he does most of the talk *reflects back on his appearance with Abby, Grover and Cookie on Martha Stewart*

Still love how Abby pwned him on The Bonnie Hunt Show when she turned him green...

ABBY: I CAN'T LOOK AT HIM! HE'S HEDIOUS!
ELMO: O.O

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I taped it last night and saw it today. It was a nice little appearince. I also liked Oscar's intro.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
finally got around to watching this...what a great appearance. Very funny.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I saw this when it aired- nice surprise as I don't think I knew about it beforehand- just happened to tune in and catch it. Big Bird had a great appearance- it was kinda standard, but still a good spot and funny.:wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember reading in Caroll's book that whenever Big Bird makes appearances like that (the original Hollywood Squares for example) gives him a chance to allow Big Bird to go just a little bit edgier in jokes and dialogue by SST standards...

JIMMY: What are some of your favorite foods?
BIG BIRD: Let's see... birdseed pancakes, birdseed hamburgers... birdseed sundaes... and um... hot toddies with birdseed in 'em. I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding!

JIMMY: Have you ever laid an egg on Sesame Street?
BIG BIRD: No, I'm a BOY! I thought you knew that... it's not a boy thing.
JIMMY: Well, I'm not very bright.

BIG BIRD: Haven't you ever hung out with the First Ladies?
JIMMY: Not too often.