Best Thing About Thanksgiving

SaraJayne

Reaction score
What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? If it's the food, what is your favorite? If it's the family, why? If it's the football game, who are you cheering for?

I could live off stuffing and pumpkin pie. I often gorge myself on those two dishes, then I'm too full for much else.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
sbrond17 said:
What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? If it's the food, what is your favorite? If it's the family, why? If it's the football game, who are you cheering for?

I could live off stuffing and pumpkin pie. I often gorge myself on those two dishes, then I'm too full for much else.
I LOVE the way my family makes stuffing- we put little chunks of apples, celery and some raisins in it; sounds kinda gross but it's amazing. I would have to say that the thing I love most (besides spending time with family) is the gravy boat we use every year- why? Because it's shaped like a turkey and the gravy come out of it's mouth- totally cracks me up :big_grin:

Baby Animal

Reaction score
It's the ham. I love ham. And I only get it on Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. Speaking of Ham, I should check to see if my wife needs to start to thaw the ham for this year.

Don't tell Piggy :mad:

And I like having a day to hang with family without having to go to work the next day. And sleeping in on Friday. And working the Thanksgiving Breakfast at my church for the homeless. That's always fun. And I like the football. Thanksgiving is just an all around good day, but it's still the ham :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My mom makes this really good sweet potato stuff every year. That's my favorite of the food. And Grandma's rolls. It's just a nice, fun holiday. I like watching the Macy's parade (with my train of chairs and stuffed animals in the living room while the kitchen is being mopped :stick_out_tongue: ) but couldn't care less about football. No one in our family really does, so that's never been much of a part of the day. I always think of it as the beginning of the Christmas season, giving me permission to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music as much as I want. :smile:
Erin

tiggie0686

Reaction score
The FOOD!!! :big_grin: Ahh! I'm such a huge pig, so Thanksgiving rocks because I can eat soo much! Now, most people are in complete shock when I tell them this cause I'm pretty small, and nobody ever believes us small people can eat a lot, but I have fast metabolism (which I'm thankful for each Thanksgiving). Anyway, I absolutely LOVE stuffing. *drools* Stuffing, stuffing, stuffing! Mmmmm! I'm making myself hungry. Just everything to do with Thanksgiving food, with the exception of cranberry sauce (yuck!), is something that I love. Dang, now I need to go find food!

*leaves craving stuffing*

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I love the food and desserts. Most of all, I like the idea of Thanksgiving. It's not even a Christian holiday, when you think of it. It can be anybody's holiday! :smile:

I really am glad there's a day set aside (For good home-cookin' and) showing thanks for all the good things in life.

I'm thankful for my friends (both in my life and online), I'm thankful for my talents, I'm thankful for my family (most especially Mama and Papa Roy), I'm thankful for my love, I'm thankful for my car and job and home and clothes! I'm thankful for all the good things that life has to offer me!

I'm thankful for the Ronald McDonald House which I do volunteer work for and which houses the 51 kids being treated at St Jude, who I'm also thankful for as they are searching for cures to cancer and aids and other debilitating diseases!! I'm also thankful for those 51 kids for showing me that regardless how bad you feel and whatever traumatic experiences you are going through you can still be a kid and have fun with life and, more importantly: smile.

Now, where's the turkey? OH! There I am!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
favorite? well it is one of the two times out of the year I get to eat TURKEY! but my favorite part is being with my family. Thanksgiving is usually just with the four of us, but this year we're going to my aunt's house. We have made a tradition of putting up the ol' christmas tree on thanksgiving, but giving that my aunt lives a couple hours away, I don't see that happening. The day after I'm having a party at my house, for some of my friends....we're going to play ping pong and watch finding nemo....then we might watch emperor's new groove.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
ah, getting early Thanksgiving morning and start to make everything for dinner. Gonna start some today. Watch the parade while doing everything else.
By time we're done making dinner, I'm too exhausted to eat much, so I make a plate in the evening and watch a movie or specials on TV.
I've already been playing my "muppet christmas carol' CD. Great warm music for this chilly time of year. :smile: