Best Thing About Thanksgiving

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade....Everybody's in and out, but somebody'll always be watching it, and they'll always call me if the Kermit baloon's about to go by, or call John if Underdog's passing....Amd EVERYBODY stops to watch Santa arrive.
I love being w/my family, too, and the food at our house is ALWAYS delicious. Even though we do have the traditional turkey and such, we also have lasagna & stuffed shells or manicotti every year. (Hey, it' the Italian in us!) The lasagna's SOO delicious, and we only get it once or twice a year....

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
My mom makes this really good sweet potato stuff every year. That's my favorite of the food. And Grandma's rolls. It's just a nice, fun holiday. I like watching the Macy's parade (with my train of chairs and stuffed animals in the living room while the kitchen is being mopped :stick_out_tongue: ) but couldn't care less about football. No one in our family really does, so that's never been much of a part of the day. I always think of it as the beginning of the Christmas season, giving me permission to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music as much as I want. :smile:
Erin
Wow I really thought I was the only person that made a train of chairs when cleaning the kitchen. I have pictures of me and my brother as kids sitting on the "Chair Train" with stuffed animals! :zany:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
My favourite thing about Thanksgiving... is the fact that it was over a month ago. XP (In Canada we have our Thanksgiving weekend around the beginning-middle of October)

But just to play along, yeah. It's all about the food, paticularly the mash patotoes! My family NEVER makes mash potatoes unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas and this year... they didn't make any mash potatoes! And I told them to! I said that if there isn't going to be any mash potatoes this year I would make Caleb (that's our 90 lb German Shepard PUPPY! :confused:) pee all over the turkey. Anyway, needless to say, our turkey was VERY acidic this year. XP

I'm just kidding, folks! The turkey was fine, but the lack of mash potatoes was depressing.

Anyway, Happy American Thanksgiving, ya hillbilly yanks! XP

^_^ Debo

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
sbrond17 said:
Wow I really thought I was the only person that made a train of chairs when cleaning the kitchen. I have pictures of me and my brother as kids sitting on the "Chair Train" with stuffed animals! :zany:
:eek: Awesome!!!! I thought *I* was the only one!!! :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
FOOD FOOD FOOD! Mostly the sweet potatoes. Best side dish ever!!

:smile:
LOVE sweet potatoes, and my mom makes this awesome thing with sweet potatoes - don't know what it is, exactly, but BOY is it yummy!!!
Erin

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I also love the wonderful sleepy feeling you get from eating turkey. :sleep:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not into Thanksgiving as much as most people are. ( :eek: :embarrassed: ) I'm not big on eating or anything like that, and all of that "Thanksgiving food" isn't really my favorite kind of food. I much rather enjoy Christmas or Halloween. :halo:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
When my grandma came over today, our puppy was all wound up and kept jumping up on her, so we put her in the bathroom for a while to calm down. She didn't - she just yelped and barked nonstop until we let her out again - but we let her out once everyone was sitting down to dinner. She was calmer then, but after dinner we discovered my brother had left a bowl of mint kisses in the hallway, and there was nothing left but wrappers!! :eek: She seems to be all right, but she's totally bouncing off the walls, attacking everyone and everything and running out the door every chance she gets. Which was many, because my brother ended up heading back to Rochester today - another mishap, he headed back early because he found out they got robbed!!! :eek: So it's been kind of a crazy Thanksgiving here... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, my brother found out that none of his stuff got stolen, so that's a good thing...
Erin