Bad Baby Names

Davina

Reaction score
uuh.. that reminds me of a young man we know.. Steel Tubbs....

i'd forgotten about him.. heh...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I personally think celebrities give their babies weird names because they're celebrities and they can get away with it. Isn't there also one that named their baby Heaven? Wait a minute... I think that was a friend of my mom's...

I personally like names with meaning; either that, or else plain, old fashioned names along the lines of Mary or Jack.
:smile:

By the way Davina, Gaia is, in certain mythos, a name for the earth, and Oradia is religious as well. Not sure about Leora though.
:smile:

Davina

Reaction score
best as i can trace the new grandbaby's name...

Gaia is of course, greek "the earth"

Aradia - I can't find anything that's really even all that close that i can say it's definately pulled from.. waiting to hear from my step daughter on that one.. though right now, only real way to get in touch with them is via texting, so it will have to wait for a while

Liora a varient? on Leora which is greek "light" and can be considered a shortened version of Eleanor

** info pulled from my old copy of 20,001 names for baby...

Pork

Reaction score
I know someone who just called there kid, Emanuel. Also somebody called, Jirah, and Alicia, and Jaziah.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's a really bad female name for you. SNOW-WHITE.
Believe it or not I actually came across this in a dictionary of names. It said there have actually been people who have bestowed the name of the classic fairy tale character upon their baby daughters.
Somebody I mentioned it to once said, "Who would want a name like that?"
I must agree. Imagine the teasing and embarassment. :big_grin: :wink:

peyjenk

Reaction score
One of my grandparents' friends, who is very elderly if not in fact dead, has "Cinderella" as a middle name. :smile: I think it is kind of sweet, since she's an old (as in 90+) woman. I'm not so hot on using Cinderella as a baby name in this day and age, but for an elderly person, it's cute.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Cinderella is actually more common than you think. I speculate that it may be disguised by being shortened to Cindy.

Davina

Reaction score
true.. and as a middle name, it's not nearly as likely to be used except on a few legal papers.. which plays into my, "if you like a weird name, fine, use it, but pair it with something respectable" theory as well...

Boppity

Reaction score
I know someone who named their twins Toy Train and Aeroplane. O_O

Rully.