Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

Lynnette

Reaction score
Got my stamps yesterday - four sets. The clerk had no idea what I was talking about, stepped to a counter behind her, and seemed surprised when she found them. I had asked for four sets and she brought over all she had. Magically, as if by fate, :wink: she had exactly four sets.

No word on the availability rest of the items that are supposed to be available. I plan a trip to our local Philatelic Center to see if I can get the scoop on that news. I suppose I just like the thrill of the hunt better than calling the 800 number.

In case you don't know, you have 30 days from date of issue to send your own stamp on an envelope to North Hollywood for a first day of issue cancellation if you want. I'm not normally a stamp collector so I don't know if one way is more collectible than another. But it is one way to get the stamp of your choosing cancelled.

-Lynnette

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks again, WOE. One of the things I said in the other post is that I want those pictures hanging in the background during the dedication!!

Also, I'm sending the stamped letters today to get the first day of issue stamps.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
One of the things I said in the other post is that I want those pictures hanging in the background during the dedication!!
I can't even make them out since they're so small, but I would imagine they have been published in some Henson book in the past. To bad there isn't a larger picture of those background dedication pictures to examine closer. If we could only make them out, I would imagine someone would have a JPEG or TIFF of them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, but I want the ones in the background already "framed" and printed! (Then, I don't have the expense of doing it myself!) :zany:

In other news, I followed a prior link and got an address and sent off envelopes addressed to me with the Muppet stamps on them so they could put the First Day of Issue Postmarks on them and send them back to me! :smile: