Ask Ken at Palisades

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
HEY!

I thought it was a HENSON license, not Disney...

get it?
AHHHHH!! Wocka Wocka!!!!! :big_grin:!!!

But seriously, I know that Fraggle action figures are out of the question, but is there a snowball's chance in Jamaca that there might just be plans for a Fraggle PVC set? If not, have you considered doing a Muppet Christmas Carol PVC set? Not only could it attract Muppet fans, but people who love to collect Christmas stuff as well.

Speakin' of which, I saw the Pics of the Year without Santa Claus PVC's and Action figures in a magazine...WOOOOW!!! Never has there been such a cool translation of a Rankin Bass stop motion holiday special into plastic form! I don't really know much else since I have only seen this special once, two years ago, and I didn't know it WAS on, so I only caught some of it!

I've just got a video of Mad Monster Party, and I'm itchin' to see it!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Aw c'mon...I wasn't THAT bad, was I? :big_grin:
Naw, and it was probably the right decision to stop talking about dates (since you're getting married and all *ba-dum-dum*)
But I know I wouldn't want to be the one that causes less information, however tentative, to be dissiminated around here.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Pig Skin

Hey Ken, This may have already been covered before I got on the board but I've read through the thread pretty thoroughly and didn't see it so...

I was looking at the sculpt images of Link on Action Figure News' and noticed that there was no discernable texture in his face and ears just like the series 1 Piggy. Is this some kind of standard for all the "pig" muppets per Henson or were the images of a mostly-finished prototype sculpt taken pre-texture?

J~

grail

Reaction score
Never before has a man reached so far...for a joke so bad. :rolleyes:
it may have been bad, but it felt SO good. my new favorite hobby is about to become smacking birdboy around until he understands that making value judgements about people you know nothing about isn't a good idea. i don't know why it is that people who want to squash everyone else's rights are the first to hide behind those same rights when people come after THEM.

besides, he still owes a couple of apologies to a couple of people in here. he doesn't get to post comfortably until he gives them.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
it may have been bad, but it felt SO good. my new favorite hobby is about to become smacking birdboy around until he understands that making value judgements about people you know nothing about isn't a good idea. i don't know why it is that people who want to squash everyone else's rights are the first to hide behind those same rights when people come after THEM.

besides, he still owes a couple of apologies to a couple of people in here. he doesn't get to post comfortably until he gives them.
Did I walk into the middle of something here?

Hey hairfarmer, you got any extras? I need some. But the answer to your question is that the texture on Link will be added in production. We just didn't have time to do it in the sculpt and it is just as easy for me to spec it in China.

grail

Reaction score
Did I walk into the middle of something here?
more or less...birdie and i have kinda been having at recently...it all has to do with a different thread entirely, but suffice it to say that while it takes a lot to really cheese me off, once i'm there i don't forget it easily. i'm just sorry everyone else has to see it...

back on topic...

i keep meaning to ask how the texture is added in the first place. is it actually sculpted into the figure during tooling? is it "pressed" into the fig somehow? especially since we know (now) that it doesn't necessarily have to be in the original sculpt.

er..did that make any sense?

Hairfarmer

Reaction score

Hey hairfarmer, you got any extras? I need some. But the answer to your question is that the texture on Link will be added in production. We just didn't have time to do it in the sculpt and it is just as easy for me to spec it in China.
Extra Hairs?
Only in my ears, I'm afraid:smile:
Strange you should ask. I actually got it cut short last week(first time in eleven years) but had to give my ponytail to the misses. Glad to hear about Link's texture. That was the thing that bothered me (and just about everybody else from what I read of the old posts)about Piggy. That and the hair style, a little. But hopefully EB will still have some of the long-haired figures left when I get paid. Only getting paid once a month bites.
J~

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
Only getting paid once a month bites.
i wouldn't make it a whole month. as it is, i get a paycheck every other friday...by the following sunday, i've usually spent all the extra i can afford, and still have money left for food, gas, and comics...obviously i pay my bills too (usually), but it just seems like money practically LEAPS out of my wallet. not gonna get any better when i get next weeks check, and then have to go but the RE3 figs...blast it Ken, i've never even played the game, and they're just too cool to pass up. how in the world did you get William in at $12.99 (the price Suncoast had him for)? he's huge! and friggin evil looking too.