Are Kermit and Piggy married?

Wiseman

Reaction score
The Frig story has begun

look in Fan fiction The life of a frig has begun.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I had been debating for some time on wanting to post something about this for a long time wither it was making my own thread or finding one here on the forum .

I am so glad that found this thread because this thought has been in th back of my mind for a long time .or

MTM, is one of my faverite muppet movies . I had saw in the theatres with my grand parents . LOL and my grandmother enjoyed it very much .

OK now on to the debate , LOL .

I never knew what to make of it to be honest , i had the movie on video dics and watched it over and over , and i was about 6 or 7 at the time . Then i wanted to think and hope that this was a real marrige , i mean from the looks of it to me , then it looked like yes that she got a real minister to come do the ceromony .

What i mean by a real mister is in the MTM movie that , for the movie that it was a real minister , LOL .

I think in a way that she really wanted to marry kermit clearly she loved him very much , that shows in TMS and then also in the movies also , even in TGMC .

Ok now to the time of now let's count the last 10 or so years , it seems that Kermit and Piggy are dating .

I would hope that at some point that we would see a wedding , but as one person put it here on the forum that sometimes when u have a wedding that the interist might fade . Yes some what i agree , and i think that is what the Henson company is thinking , by not saying yes for sure they are married .:wink:

I like what another fourm member said about the fact that for real life that a pig and frog are not sexually compadable . Yes that thought as crossed my mind many times LOL .

Yes and also clearly when you are thinking in terms of the muppets , you have a very different story LOL .

I am not sure what i would really say would be good for the muppets to do if kermit and piggy did marry would the chidren be half frog and Pig ? LOL

i would like to think that we would have some of them being frogs and pigs like in MCC.

I when i frist saw that movie in theatres in 1992, i thought wow would it be great though if for sure that Kermit and piggy where married and playing emily and bob .

OK for that movie i really liked and they made it very real having them play those roles . One of my all time faverites for the muppets LOL .
:smile:

I hope this sounded ok and not rambling .

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I, too, really like the domesticity of The Muppet Christmas Carol. I was--and still sometimes am during my several viewings of that movie leading up to Christmas--amazed at how well Piggy tackled the roll of motherhood in her ow inimitable style. Yes, yes--I know if was funny for her to not be able to tell the twins apart, but I was one of three, and my mother rarely called me by the right name the first time.

I guess, when I am standing back and looking at the big picture, the answer seems simple to me. The question, of course, is: will they make each other happier if they are together or apart? At the end of a bad day or a good one, are they better off going home to empty apartments or to each other?
Let's face it, guys--no relationship is perfect, but throughout the run of TMS and all the movies, Kermit showed us (SHOWED US) again and again that he was willing to get karate-chopped into next week (and keep coming back for more) just to continue a romance with Piggy. How much happier might he be if the rewards of wooing were more than just NOT getting whacked. Wouldn't it be worth a few enormous credit card bills to wake up every morning with someone who unabashedly adores you--who thinks you're smart (even when you don't), handsome, buff and sophisticated (even when you are ordering $1 champagne). Wouldn't it be worth few lover's quarrels and a few karate chops to find himself making up with (and to) one of the sexiest, most voluptuous actresses on the planet?
And lest this seem like I'm one-sided, how lovely for Piggy to know--to finally KNOW (like she DID know at the end of TMTM) that Kermit really and truly loves her, and wants to wake up beside her and grow old with her and play opposite her in a million scenes for the rest of her life. Pigs need security, you know, and who better to provide it than the frog she loves?
When I am having a tough day myself, and when happily ever after seems bogged down in the day-to-day, it is nice to see a couple so different from each other and yet so completely in love. I got married in 1985, just year after Kermit and Piggy did, and I can tell you one thing for sure: Boring is not a word I would ever use to describe marriage.
If a married couple onscreen lose their zing after they get married, it is the skill (or experience) of the writers that is lacking--not the institution of marriage itself. As someone who has tried it and (mostly) liked it, I can heartily recommend the married state to others. And I followed the good example of Piggy and Kermit when I tied the knot myself!